Transmission not working after upgrade

• Hi guys,

After upgrading from OpenELEC to LibreELEC 7.0 beta, Transmission isn't working anymore.
    The service 'transmission' is still installed. I tried re-installing, but i can't access it. Not from the program 'Transmission' on my htpc, nor my computer bij entering libreelec:9091 of openelec:9091, which was the url of the webinterface.

Should I do a clean install? If so, can I access the backup of my settings by network?

Thnx!

• Hiya,

Same issue here, it seems like this command is run:
    ExecStart=/bin/sh -c "exec sh /storage/.kodi/addons/service.downloadmanager.transmission/bin/transmission.start"

i've tried to run this manually and it returned the error "error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I've no idea how to fix it :)

• I just downgraded to OpenELEC 6.95.2 and everything works perfectly again.
    What's your plan?
    Upgrade to LibreELEC and install addon by zip?

I've upgaded OpenElec 6 to LibreELEC 7.0, together with this zip everything seems to be working just fine so i'll keep it like this.

Edited once, last by jbekker (April 27, 2016 at 4:32 PM).

• thephoenix87, can you tell me what you did to make Transmission work again? My journal just fills up with "error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" when trying to start Transmission.

Edit: I've unsinstalled the unofficial OpenElec repo, and installed the SuperRepo instead, but that yields in a transmission-daemon: line 1: syntax error: unexpected "(" error.
    Edit2: rTorrent also doesn't work. I'm starting to thing I have the wrong architecture repositories as binary files all fail to start with weird errors.

Edited once, last by MrHaroldA (April 29, 2016 at 10:19 PM).

• MrHaroldA. We value freedom, but it cuts both ways. You have the freedom to run whatever you like on your LE install. We have the freedom to set the rules of this forum and provide support based on the ethics and principles of the LE team. Just because we have "Libre" in our name does not mean we allow our forum to silently endorse add-ons like Superrepo that openly encourage the theft/piracy of copyrighted media.

• I solved the defective Transmission by installing OSMC. Which should also be put on the ban list, as it activly supports Transmission (through their "app store"), Popcorn Time (Kodi add-ons) and others. Then again, it's based on Debian, so you might want to put Debian on that list too.

If I don't want the choice to install what I'd like on my own system, I'd buy something from Apple.

• I have a transmssion addon in my repo that should work on libreelec. I've only tested on x86-64 and raspberry pi 1, 2, and 3. Will probably work on imx6 and possible others. See my sig for repo file.

• Ok libreelec...but in openelec i think is not working...
    I tried libreelec but with docker, and i'm not be able to make it work...with the instruccions i found on the net.
    Now i need to try with libreelec another time and install it from zip...crossing the fingers...

• I have a transmssion addon in my repo that should work on libreelec. I've only tested on x86-64 and raspberry pi 1, 2, and 3. Will probably work on imx6 and possible others. See my sig for repo file.

Thanks mate. Your built is working great after an upgrade form openelec.