Posts by Journeyman

Still haven't found the problem, tried 8k60hz cable, just to be sure, everything stays the same.

Also, unable to set 4k 60hz, kodi shows maximum of 30hz, though i have set hdmi_enable_4kp60=1 in config.txt, and using hdmi0 (closer to power connector)

In general HDR works, but strange coloring is noticeable.

For example if i play this file MediaInfo

on Kodi i get this:

And on plex this: (w/o recoding)

A quite noticeable color change, it's much less noticeable in darker scenes, but anyway.
    Kodi for Android is playing everything correctly, so it seems this is some driver / hardware trouble.

Hello.

I checked lots of topics here, and i dont quite understand, is RPi4 capable of playing HDR/DolbyV content currently, with latest LibreELEC and HDR/DolbyV supported TV?

The thing is, i recently bought 4k hdr tv (Philips 50pus7406) and struggling to achieve correct hdr play from RPi4.
    I have tested Kodi for Android (it's an android TV) and it works fine, but the sound is incorrectly passed through and losing channels.
    So, i tested Plex, and it also seems to work, even sound is correct, but plex is another story with his own problems.
    I just wanted to stick to Kodi if it's possible for now.
    My setup is RPi4 connected to the TV over HDMI

I have tried LibreELEC 10.0.2, even 11 latest nightly with no avail.

The problem is that videos are displaying notification that content has HDR, but colors are a bit washed, on the same videos that play fine on TV apps (Android Kodi, Plex player). They are not completely washed off like all scene changes color, just a bit here and there but noticeable. when comparing to plex for example.

Another thing is that general test videos (for ex. LG: New York HDR UHD 4K Demo | 4K Media) look ok, but these are uncompressed .ts, not .mkv with h265, like most of the 4k content i have.

Is there anyone who can give me some clues on how can I fix my RPi ? :)

Thanks

Transmission 8.2.14 for RPi2 works fine on LibreELEC 8.2.2 here.

Maybe the problem i had, was related to the fact that i have upgraded from openelec with the same addon.

Anyway, i've got what i need, one way, or the other.

But still, new development team got really strange views on the matter. putting aside the addons the previous team were handling perfectly.

Seriously, this is an open source community, the one that made onion, tor, p2p network working. And now these guys.

Yea, followed the instruction on your repo, installed the repo, installed addon service.transmission

When it didn't start automatically, i got to /storage/.kodi/addons/service.transmission/bin/, and tried transmission-start, which gave me an error i stated above.

Is this correct?

After that i just installed this guy repo, and followed the same procedure. It was fine.

There is a low desire in the team for our repo to host and sustain add-ons that are basically used for piracy. In theory torrent add-ons can be used for legitimate purposes, but none of us ever met that user. As long as you're not using a WeTek box (which runs a too-old Linux kernel) you should have a look at the Docker addon and the posibilities it opens up.

Wow, your team has a lot of personal thoughts on what's piracy, and whats not.

Please reconsider. I never heard that using transmission is against the law in any country.