LibreELEC + Retroarch 9.80 for Raspberry PI 4 !

• i compiled your source for rockpi4. It boots normal and i can install addons and change settings. But after reboot i cant start the system. There are a lot of Numbers like in "Matrix" and nothing happens...

Hi

Have you any usb bluetooth dongle connected or any other thing connected to usb ?

Sometimes, i got this.

I use, for my testing, a nano pi neo4 with a rockpro64 compiled image.

• MagicSeb retroarch is causing the issues doesnt look like it's the cores directly had Snes9x 2010 and Gambette (pokemon rando's) at the same time, 2 to 2nahalf hour crashes. my guess is RetroArch is slowly leaking. what Pi4 Models do you have? and/or can you get anyone to test w/ reducing system ram in config.txt if it solves it?
    (cause if this base OS image libreelec is using is the 64bit kernel, this might explain it.. the raspberry pi development team have stated the 64bit kernel is a WiP and breaks/becomes unstable on the 4GB model when more than 1GB Ram is enabled.

• Hello Cael The actual image use 32 bits (arm) kernel

Code
    i use this pkg config options : PKG_CONFIGURE_OPTS_TARGET+=" --disable-videocore --disable-opengl1 --enable-kms --disable-x11 --enable-opengles3 --enable-opengl_core"

Lakka-LibreELEC/package.mk at master · libretro/Lakka-LibreELEC · GitHub

Here we can see

elif [ "$BOARD" == "RPi4" ]; then
    RETROARCH_GL="--disable-videocore --disable-opengl1 --enable-kms --disable-x11 --enable-opengles --enable-opengles3 --enable-opengl_core"

Near the same because --disable-x11 is already done when we use OPENGLES

I have added (finally) emulationstation as additional frontend.

I use a RPI4 with 2 GB for the testing and i can't play 2 hours on a game, so i can't see the memory bug.

Thanks a lot for your testing, i have downgraded retroarch to "lakka" revision, i hope it will be more stable.

Get it https://github.com/magicseb/libreelec.tv/releases/tag/rpi4_test_beta

I have downgraded retroarch version to the lakka one.

• just woke up, (10:18 AM) Retroarch didnt crash itself idle now but when i left a game running to idle while i zonked back out this morning, i woke back up it it in Kodi. the memory issues seem to be occurring once a game is running.

• i have copy over the cores from your current build to raspbian-buster and they seems to work well there for hours.so i think it`s not a problem with the cores it self

• i have copy over the cores from your current build to raspbian-buster and they seems to work well there for hours.so i think it`s not a problem with the cores it self

it sgotta be something that RetroArch is doing once a core is loaded and running. atleast within LibreElec. what Device model are you using? (1GB 2GB or 4GB?) if we can get a testing sample size and see if its locked to a particular Ram variant, we might find out whats causing these OutOf Memory/Deadlock Kernel panics

• i finally captured lastnight a Kernel Panic (Deadlock) after 2hrs30Mins of playing a SNES game and usally when idle or playing for about that long if i exit to Kodi and reboot its good. and i Haveto if it just Quits-to-Kodi (becomes verry crash/Kodi-restart Prone if i dont) i had this morning as i passed out w/ a game running, and Kodi Rebooting caused a similar Kernel panic (was first time it's failed to properly reboot)

Here's the one from RetroArch crashing:

and the one from Kodi:

• 4 hours in No crashes. BUT one problem Has regressed, Wifi refuses to work ("Input/output Error") but the fact we've narrowed it down to either it's the later firmware OR its the newer Kernel, gives a huge leap to fixing the real issue. (and even helps make your image more stable and Lakka even better,)

• i used dolphin blue (atomiswave) with flycast.so ,runs now over night without crashing back to kodi or kernel panic.

awesome build thanks a lot MagicSeb :)

btw i have compiled and tested mesen-s libretro with your build.and this core works perfect maybe you can include it in one of your next builds