RPI4 or ASUS Tinker Board?

• Hello,

I have to start a several-week inpatient medical rehabilitation treatment shortly. In the rehabilitation centre there are single rooms with DVB-C connections but no TV sets. I have a 24 "monitor and two USB DVB-C dongles that have worked well with the Raspberrry Pi3 and LibreELEC last year.

This year I want to take either a Raspberry Pi 4 or an ASUS Tinker board. Which of the two devices is supported by LibreELEC (expecially DVB-C) better and less problematic?

Cheers

Mark

• Official Post

I think the RPi4. Not because it might be better/faster/cheaper or even because it has a raspberry on it, but because it will be better supported as RPi's are the most used.

I've tested the RPi4 with tvheadend and a RPi DVB tuner and t works fine - so I don't suspect any issues with DVB/C. If it worked on a previous releases then it's likely to work on a RPi4

• Hello,

Since I have only DVB-S2 and IPTV myself, I've installed an antenna cable with DVD-C signal from my neighbors to test purposes in my apartment:

My ASUS Tinker Board with LibreELEC-TinkerBoard.arm-9.1.001-rk3288 and my old Sundtek MediaTV III (DVB-C/T), activated TVHeadend Server and TVHeadend PVR is working fine with DVB-C:thumbup:

The Raspberry Pi 4 I will take as a desktop PC with Raspbian Buster:

Cheers

Mark