No Sound / Mute after upgrade to 9.0.2

• Hi,

just upgraded to 902, now the sound is gone and Kodi shows a red mute icon in the upper right corner.

Found some suggestions via google, but nothing is working:

-unmute via kore, nothing happens

-unmute via webif, nothing happens

-F8 or + key, actually the AVR does something (OSD), but no sound from kodi

-restart HTPC, no change

-power off TV & AVR and disconnect from power, no change

-replug HDMI cable, no change

-switch sound device, no change (but AVR "clicks")

Sound is working from different source on the AVR, so definetly a problem with Kodi.

Also sound was fine right before the upgrade.

Is there anything else i can test before burning anything?

thanks

Edit:

• Hi,

sorry, thats my system:

CPU: Celeron G1820

Mobo: Asus Q87T (with latest uefi)

Internal CEC-Adaptor (FW v9)

Sound and video both used fromCPU.

TV: Panasonic TX-50ASW654

AVR: Onkyo TX-SR444

HTPC connected to AVR connected to TV (HDMI)

• Late to the party, but just had the same issue.....kinda. Somehow I enabled mute from my remote and could not un-mute it. Found this thread, and connected a keyboard to the NUC and hit F8, and nothing. Seeing that it was an Apple keyboard, I hit the volume increase butting and vola! Pass-thru audio was fine, but no sound effects, and that mute label in the corner.

• Sorry if I didn't explain it very well. Somehow I pressed a button on my Verizon FIOS remote that enabled the Kodi mute function. I had not mapped any keys on the remote to be a mute button. I tried several buttons, but it didn't un-mute. Had to attach a keyboard to get it to un-mute.

• Sorry if I didn't explain it very well. Somehow I pressed a button on my Verizon FIOS remote that enabled the Kodi mute function. I had not mapped any keys on the remote to be a mute button. I tried several buttons, but it didn't un-mute. Had to attach a keyboard to get it to un-mute.

You can do two things with my method:

a) find the already defined and undesired mute button, and disable it by overwriting it with a "noop" action

b) keep the undesired mute function alive, and use a color button to un-mute (copy my example, and press yellow)

• Hi,

I know this is coming late, but might help other people.

The issue might be that Kodi was muted via webif before I started the update, but I've never verified that.