HDMI CEC No Longer responding

• Hey All,

Hope someone here is able to help. I'm a long time use of LibreElec, always been happy with it, just recently however my HDMI CEC Stopped working recently, I've tried various fixes, which annoyingly sometimes work for a time.

I've rebuilt LibreElec from scratch.

I've reset the TV to default.

Upgraded the TV To Oreo 8 (Android, Sony Bravia)

Tried new HDMI cable

Tried a new Pulse CEC HDMI Adapter.

Unplugged the TV for hours and plugged it back in. This sometimes gets Kodi to respond to the commands for a while.

Kodi will always see the CEC Adapter is present, and the Bravia will always see the device. However it's always displayed as remote_1 now, and it used to say Kodi.

Is anyone abe to offer any advice?

• This started to happend after switch HDMI cable?

I know that you said that already tried with a new HDMI cable. So the only thing I have to say is check HDMI cable version, because only from 1.0 version works with CEC.

• I would check the settings of the TV (Bravia Sync). Look at the settings of "Control for HDMI" and "HDMI Device Selection".

Hey Da Flex, thanks for your comment, I have checked the Bravia Sync options, and the device does show up, but doesn't work when changing to the correct channel.

This started to happend after switch HDMI cable?

I know that you said that already tried with a new HDMI cable. So the only thing I have to say is check HDMI cable version, because only from 1.0 version works with CEC.

edjalmo, thanks for your comment.

No it started happening with the existing HDMI cable that was working, then I switched to a new one as a test.

• Official Post

Kodi will always see the CEC Adapter is present, and the Bravia will always see the device. However it's always displayed as remote_1 now, and it used to say Kodi.

The Kodi CEC Adapter is an add-on with it's own settings. Play around with those settings. If you have other Kodi controllers activated (like a game pad), deactivate them for testing.