Wetek play 1 cant update to 9.0.2

• Hi.

I try to update Wetek play 1 from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2 but it always go back to 9.0.1.

I try update it from tar file it not working, and i try to make a new install from img 9.0.2, but when i restart it goes back to 9.0.1.

Thanks.

• I have same issue. I choose "manual" update, then select "9.0.2" and download begins. When WP1 reboots, it begins decompressing, but after that, it shows some error related to file IMG not found or similar. In the download page, LibreElec wrote:

Display Spoiler

Warning: Update at WP1 is broken if you use img.gz – please use .tar to update

So it seems we need to download the .tar file and update from SD card, as before. But my question is, will I forget my LibreElec configuration (tvheadend config, plugins, storage paths ...)??

• Hi, is there anyone willed to write howto get the wetek play 1 updated to Libreelec 9.0.2? Unfortunately it doesn't also work for me with the .tar in update folder. It runs during the next boot and says libreelec 9.0.2 successfull installed and reboots again, but then it's again only 9.0.1 and Kodi 18.1 on the device.

Unfortunately there is no real alternative to wetek play1with dual dvb-s2tuner.

edit: For those who still struggle with the update. The trick is login as root then:

Code
    1. mount -o remount,rw /flash
    2. nano /flash/post-flash.sh

Content for /flash/post-flash.sh

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    export IMAGE_KERNEL="KERNEL"

then put the .tar into smb-share .update or use this

Code
    cd /storage/.update
    wget http://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-9.0.2.tar

reboot and wait for finishing the update. Btw there is also a TVheadend 4.3.x compiled Version avaliable for the play1 from cvh which performs pretty well. (4.3-1774-01.03.2019)

Edited 2 times, last by suppenkasper: checked it out by myself (February 28, 2020 at 5:53 PM).

• This solved the problem for me. thank you.