Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• -=guybrush=- Plug out and plug in is not needed anymore for a long time. Power button should work (if present) and IR too (again, if present) from LE 10 release forward. If device is TV box, power key on accompanied IR remote should work. If device is SBC, then IR scancode is set to RC6 MCE IR remote (a.k.a. Windows media center remote) power key. Unfortunately, there is no way to change that without rebuilding Crust FW and thus also U-Boot.

I own an H3 OPi PC and I was on LE 11.0 nightly. I've scoured a Windows Media Center 2 remote along with a Dell RC6 one but I couldn't control my OPi by neither of them. I've then downgraded to LE 10.0.1 stable writing it by LE SD creator tool and starting from scratch, still nothing. Not only powering it on and off, no signs of life from the remotes at all, for the menu navigation neither, just to make an example.

Am I missing something? By what I had understood, it should work (at least one of them if not the both of them) OOTB without for example the need for following this guide... It may also be that the IR sensor on my OPi is screwed (the IR sensor is built-in on the OPi PC) or needs to be enabled by a kernel parameter, I don't know.

• You have to be careful, there are two separate cases for IR, only one defaults to RC6 MCE remote:

1. Board is suspended or in sleep mode. Power management firmware is in charge of IR. If board comes with IR remote (TV boxes only), power key on that IR remote wakes up board. If IR remote is not bundled with the board (all SBCs), then RC6 MCE power key is default (your case).

2. Board is running, e.g. Kodi. In this case, Linux is in charge of IR. Again, if board comes with IR remote, correct keymap should be already active. If not, there is no default, you have to set it up (your case).

• You have to be careful, there are two separate cases for IR, only one defaults to RC6 MCE remote:

1. Board is suspended or in sleep mode. Power management firmware is in charge of IR. If board comes with IR remote (TV boxes only), power key on that IR remote wakes up board. If IR remote is not bundled with the board (all SBCs), then RC6 MCE power key is default (your case).

2. Board is running, e.g. Kodi. In this case, Linux is in charge of IR. Again, if board comes with IR remote, correct keymap should be already active. If not, there is no default, you have to set it up (your case).

Very clear as always. I can't do anything different than saying "Thank you!" for the umpteenth time! ;) I can confirm that I can turn it on by the Dell RC6 remote. Now I need to do the rest following the guide I've already found and linked in my previous message.

EDIT:

Everything done! I've taken a look at that guide and by this command:

Code
     ir-keytable -c -w /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/rc6_mce.toml

I've been able to sort it out. Now it works under both the scenarios. GREAT!

EDIT:

Just a bit more to learn, a bit more to tweak... The command above is absolutely fine but the changes aren't persistent: after a reboot or power down the remote stops working under Kodi.

I needed to create the file /storage/.config/autostart.sh with the following content:

Code
    (
    ir-keytable -c -w /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/rc6_mce.toml
    )&

Now EVERYTHING is exactly as I wanted to!

Edited 3 times, last by -=guybrush=- (December 22, 2021 at 5:58 PM).

• Hi jernej,

I gave it a try and it worked like a charm. Thanks!

When playing VP9 encoded movies on a Tanix TX6 with Allwinner H6 the load average dropped from >5 to 1.x. Without HW Accel the movie stopped playing and skipped multiple seconds when the image was very dynamic. With hwaccel the movie played without any problem. Great!

Sadly, today I found a bug, probably related to the VP9 hw acceleration. My TV is nativ 1920x1080 and connected via HDMI. When playing VP9 movies with lower resolution (720x576) the image is scrambled with green vertical bars.

Playing VP9 1920x1080 movies works fine (see introduction). Also playing a h264 encoded movie with 720x576 works.

Could the problem be related to VP9 hwaccel and upscaling?

Cheers, Andreas

• There was a bug in the VP9 decoding driver at that time that I prepared that test image. Now it's fixed but I didn't prepare new test image due to lack of response here. Note that 4k decoding still doesn't work. Would you like a new test image?

• I just picked up a dirt cheap Allwinner H6 TV Box (T95 Max) just to experiment with and not really expecting it to be perfect with any of the latest TX6 images, but it works great (apart from IR and WiFi, but hey) and I'm pleasantly surprised tbh, good job.

dmesg log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by powerarmour: Added log (January 17, 2022 at 12:10 AM).

• Hi Jernej!

I have asked about one bug solution but it's still present.

The problem is with PVR IPTV Simple Client.

If buffering (circle with 0-100%) occurs (even just for 1 second) during playing any of TV channels the video picture freezes and only sound continues playing after buffering ends.

The only solution for now is to press stop button and then turn TV channel on again. But here's another problem that it does turn on any channel (for first time ) with some pretty long lag (30-40 seconds) after that picture freeze of buffering. Then switching channels is done instantly again as usual.

You have mentioned that you don't use this addon, so you are unable to test it. So I have PMed the author of this addon - nightik on xbmc forum and he told me the following things:

This addon doesn't do neither stream download, nor playback. It just parses m3u and xmltv and gives this data to Kodi engine instead.

Playback and buffering is the only Kodi's job, so the problem is not in the addon but in the way how Kodi processes streams.

So, he is unable to help with this problem!

Unfortunately, I have this bug for pretty long time, perhaps from spring-summer 2021 and there is absolutely no serious bugs for me except this one.

Perhaps, you could help me with this, or if any my help is needed to resolve this issue, please let me know. May be you need any log files to help? It's really annoying to have it till now. ;(

P.S. I have both latest final Kodi and addon currently installed on my board.

Edited 4 times, last by levitsky86 (January 18, 2022 at 5:53 PM).

• Can you try with latest stable image and latest nightly image? I think stable should already have code which allows frame dropping. Is video content by any chance interlaced? frame dropping still doesn't work in such cases. If it is interlaced, you can try to disable deinterlacing in settings.

• Sure I can. As I mentioned I have 2021.11 LibreELEC-H3.arm-10.0.1-Kodi 19.3 (Linux Kernel 5.10.x) orangepi-plus2e.img and latest PVR IPTV Simple Client addon installed currently but with no any nightly updates. I can try to install latest nightly but I am not sure weather PVR addon would support it, or not...

Sorry, but my IPTV provider doesn't say if they stream interlaced, or not. I think it should be progressive as the picture has no tears and my TV is set to 1080p setting (or Kodi can deinterlace by itself?)

Should I turn deinterlacing to off in video playback popup settings (menu button)?

• Testing with nightly image is more or less mandatory, to see if bug was somehow fixed meanwhile or issue still persist. HW deinterlacing is implemented for some time now, but not all quirks are ironed out. So yeah, it would be great if you can turn off deinterlacing and test that. Also debug log is also mandatory at this point (all done on latest nightly image).

• I have installed the latest nightly 20201801 for my board and this issue still persists. Jernej, please remind me how can I enable and grab the log file for you? Thanks for help

Edited 3 times, last by levitsky86 (January 19, 2022 at 5:23 PM).

• Всем привет, Купил новую плату Orange Pi 3 LTS, Установил на свой образ от Orange Pi 3, Wi-Fi не работает, а Lan 1000Mb, то работает, то не работает, то пропадает. Планируется ли плата libreelec для этого образа?

Edited once, last by 1982lammer (January 22, 2022 at 12:00 PM).

• Yes, initially, there is a LAN connection, but after restarting, the LAN connection is not detected. I assume that the Orange Pi 3 LTS and Orange Pi 3 boards are different. And when you try to install Ip Tv Simple Client Orange Pi 3 LTS spontaneously overloads (

Edited once, last by 1982lammer (January 22, 2022 at 11:59 AM).