Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• dbahia  -=guybrush=- CEC wakeup is already implemented in nightly images, but update won't do. You have to write fresh image to (spare) SD card. It works pretty reliably for me.

-=guybrush=- Plug out and plug in is not needed anymore for a long time. Power button should work (if present) and IR too (again, if present) from LE 10 release forward. If device is TV box, power key on accompanied IR remote should work. If device is SBC, then IR scancode is set to RC6 MCE IR remote (a.k.a. Windows media center remote) power key. Unfortunately, there is no way to change that without rebuilding Crust FW and thus also U-Boot.

HDMI-CEC still doesn't work for me since LE10, but power off and suspend worked like a charm using the SBC power button. I don't have IR installed in the board to test, but will try to get it running, since I have an MCE IR remote available.

• dbahia which board? There was CEC fix in LE 10.0.1 and also in nightly images... Unless you're unlucky owner of one of two devices, where CEC doesn't work - OrangePi PC2 (H5) or Beelink X2 (H3). Later has a chance for working CEC in Kodi, but not for wake up.

• dbahia which board? There was CEC fix in LE 10.0.1 and also in nightly images... Unless you're unlucky owner of one of two devices, where CEC doesn't work - OrangePi PC2 (H5) or Beelink X2 (H3). Later has a chance for working CEC in Kodi, but not for wake up.

PineA64+, tried same cable and TV that works with my RPi2 with Libreelec, but no sucess, used to work in PineA64+ with LE9 nightlies

• @all,

can anyone with Tanix TX6 mini help me with some details? I'm preparing board specific image and I'm interested in differences with Tanix TX6. This is my current list:

- different IR remote

- analog audio

- only 2 USBs

- no bluetooth (XR819 wifi instead of RTL8822BS or RTL8822CS)

- 2 GiB of RAM instead of 4 GiB

I'm not sure about:

- is there USB3?

- is there CVBS (TV out) combined with analog audio on same connector?

Did I missed something?

Are there any plans to implement gpio based cec for the X2 soonish?

• Can you try latest nightly images, preferably with fresh installation? I have no idea what could be wrong with CEC on A64.

Tried again with LibreELEC-A64.arm-11.0-nightly-20211122-ddc03f6-pine64-plus.img.gz

Maybe my board is defective, I have timed out messages at dmesg related to CEC now, I didn't not have those before.

[ 393.436523] cec-dw_hdmi: message 10 timed out

[ 395.740500] cec-dw_hdmi: message 10 timed out

[ 403.420531] cec-dw_hdmi: message 10 timed out

[ 405.725956] cec-dw_hdmi: message 10 timed out

[ 409.052525] cec-dw_hdmi: message 10 timed out

[ 411.356541] cec-dw_hdmi: message 10 timed out

[ 418.012503] cec-dw_hdmi: message 10 timed out

[ 421.340528] cec-dw_hdmi: message 10 timed out

[ 423.644514] cec-dw_hdmi: message 10 timed out

[ 426.972508] cec-dw_hdmi: message 10 timed out

LibreELEC-A64.arm-9.80-devel-20210309182253-b8ebd16-pine64-plus.img.gz works though.

Edited once, last by dbahia (November 22, 2021 at 11:45 PM).

• dbahia Board is not defective if SW CEC (implemented in image you referenced) works. There might be some issue in HW CEC driver, though. Please test this update and provide full dmesg: http://jernej.libreelec.tv/test/cec/

I've attached the log with full dmesg. Performed update with the provided file before while running LibreELEC-A64.arm-11.0-nightly-20211122-ddc03f6-pine64-plus.img.gz

• dbahia I'll prepare another test update in a few days, with SW CEC, like it was before, just to see if it works for you. I have no idea what could be the issue. Unless you have access to logic analyzer to capture signal on CEC line directly, I don't know how to debug this without having such setup here.

• dbahia Here is update, which uses SW CEC implementation for Pine64+: http://jernej.libreelec.tv/test/cec/ Please test and report if it works for you. It would also be interesting to see output of this command devmem 0x01F00004 w - it may explain why HW CEC doesn't work for you.

SW-CEC works, but this time I actually got the previous test updated that you sent me with HW-CEC to execute some commands also, they were really slow, and most of the commands didn't work, but dmesg doesn't show timed out messages. I've attached dmesg.

As for the devmem 0x01F00004 w command, the result was: 0x00000001

Also, how does de HDMI-CEC wakeup works? Should the device turn on when selecting source on TV?

• SW-CEC works, but this time I actually got the previous test updated that you sent me with HW-CEC to execute some commands also, they were really slow, and most of the commands didn't work, but dmesg doesn't show timed out messages. I've attached dmesg.

so previous test image works? interesting... Do you have AVR connected between board and TV? I would really like to see capture of communication on your CEC bus...

As for the devmem 0x01F00004 w command, the result was: 0x00000001

That is actually good. External 32 kHz crystal works, which is a prerequisite for HW CEC.

Also, how does de HDMI-CEC wakeup works? Should the device turn on when selecting source on TV?

Yes, that should work. It depends on your TV slightly, which messages are sent at which time. Anyway, CEC wakeup is supported only with HW CEC. Power management FW doesn't have a lot of space available, so writing SW CEC for it is out of the question. It would also take too much time.

• so previous test image works? interesting... Do you have AVR connected between board and TV? I would really like to see capture of communication on your CEC bus...

That is actually good. External 32 kHz crystal works, which is a prerequisite for HW CEC.

Yes, that should work. It depends on your TV slightly, which messages are sent at which time. Anyway, CEC wakeup is supported only with HW CEC. Power management FW doesn't have a lot of space available, so writing SW CEC for it is out of the question. It would also take too much time.

It works sporadically, if CEC times out at startup it doesn't work, and even if doesn't time out, most of the commands doesn't work and it is really slow. There is no AVR between board and TV.

• I'm out of ideas. Last chance would be to check with different HDMI cable - maybe SW CEC uses push-pull driver whereas HW CEC open drain, as per specs... Anyway, test with different TV would be nice too, if possible, to see if this is related somehow with TV.