Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• everything working except that pvr.iptvsimple CANNOT be installed

Currently nightly image has no real benefit over stable, so if you need addons, I highly suggest stable image from LE download page.

It is written that 9.97.1 should be able to upgrade automatically, but that didn't work for me, so I have flashed again with final 10.0 LE. But I wonder if it really has to be able to update on our boards, or only manual is our way?

Automatic updates are turned on with a slight delay (few days). Allwinner platform is not treated any differently with automatic updates.

• Hello to everyone! :) Could I draw someone's attention on this? Even just the last two posts by me give a good picture of the situation.

I know it has next to nothing relevance but I'd like to understand what I'm missing. Thanks in advance.

• hello, Ive question,

Allwinner H6 (beelink gs1)

is there a way to force full rgb (0..255), and chroma 4:4:4 ?

Picture is not enough saturated, and black levels is not too good, so i guess, it ouputs limited rgb, and also, likely, chroma 4:2:2 or 4:2:0

is there a way to manually force full rgb and full chroma 4:4:4

thanks in advance

• Output is actually RGB. YUV output is not yet supported by the display driver. HDMI driver automatically converts image to limited RGB, if needed by standard (99% of the time) and that's not possible to override.

I suggest you test this video: http://jernej.libreelec.tv/videos/h264/2-APL%20Clipping.mp4 If you see range about 16 - 235, then limited range works fine.

• I have an orange pi one plus with LibreELEC-H6.arm-11.0-nightly-20210915-ff33cf8-orangepi-one-plus. In Kodi repository I cannot see the option of Video Inputstream in Kodi repository. I need inputstream adaptive to stream youtube and other apps in 1080p. Any help would be appreciated.

• Every now and then, I try libreelec on my orange pi again, since I always experienced sound drops with my avr (Yamaha htr-2067).

I'm glad I tried the stable 10.0 release, I don't have any sound problems anymore.

My orange pi one plus has now become pretty much perfect in every aspect !

I didn't apply the pass-through update, since my avr is 6-channel PCM capable, and the orange pi is decoding dolby or dts just fine.

Thank you jernej !

• To all,

there were quite some requests in the past to add option for waking up board via HDMI CEC. Currently I have working code for A64, but there should be no problems porting it to other SoCs.

Are there any volunteers for testing this functionality? If so, please give me exact board name. Note, it can't work on some boards (it must have external 32 kHz crystal).

• driver location here

RTL8189ES / RTL8189ETV

Driver has its own repository:

Code
    git clone https://github.com/jwrdegoede/rtl8189ES_linux.git
    cd rtl8189ES_linux.git
    make -j4 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnu- KSRC=../linux
  • I'm fully aware of that repo, but we stop adding random wifi drivers from random repos. Only wifi drivers supported are those which are already included in kernel source at kernel.org. You can of course build your own image and even link image here, but changes won't be accepted to official LE.

• To all,

there were quite some requests in the past to add option for waking up board via HDMI CEC. Currently I have working code for A64, but there should be no problems porting it to other SoCs.

Are there any volunteers for testing this functionality? If so, please give me exact board name. Note, it can't work on some boards (it must have external 32 kHz crystal).

I can test this on PineA64+

• To all,

I agree it would be a great addition and I'd like to help but unfortunately my OPi PC has broken HDMI so it is connected to HDMI through tv out and then an hdmi upscaler so I can't help with testing.

I've a linked question though. It has come across my mind reading of this...

When I switch it off, the green led on the board turns off, I presume this indicating a power off state (though the power supply always remains connected to the power outlet). To switch it on again, I need to unplug and then replug the power supply and that's not convenient. Is there a way to avoid this, maybe by an IR remote given that the OPi PC has a built-in infrared receiver? I'm not asking for a step by step guide: I'd just want to know if under the current conditions it could be achieved. Thanks for your advices.

jernej

If you'd like to have some testing on this HDMI CEC added functionality carried on a particular OPi model, just leave me a line and I'll see if I can scour one or maybe one among my friends and relatives has one. As already said, it would be a great addition and I'd really like to help if I can. Have a nice day! :)

• dbahia  -=guybrush=- CEC wakeup is already implemented in nightly images, but update won't do. You have to write fresh image to (spare) SD card. It works pretty reliably for me.

-=guybrush=- Plug out and plug in is not needed anymore for a long time. Power button should work (if present) and IR too (again, if present) from LE 10 release forward. If device is TV box, power key on accompanied IR remote should work. If device is SBC, then IR scancode is set to RC6 MCE IR remote (a.k.a. Windows media center remote) power key. Unfortunately, there is no way to change that without rebuilding Crust FW and thus also U-Boot.