Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• lumpi can you test this one? LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-devel-20200206223537-b409e98.tar I enabled few CD/DVD ROM related drivers

EDIT: It uses Lima and has no deinterlace support. Just let me know if DVD is recognized properly.

Thanks jernej, much better now.

Dvd is recognised, i can browse the vob files, but no disc menu and no dvd libs, so still no video.

Else it seems working quite well with lima. Except it took a while until hdmi audio was coming (tried zattoo first, nothing, youtube had audio, but then also zattoo got audio...)

• Hey jernej. First of all, I want to say thank you for your amazing work! I've been using this images (for H3, and now for H5) for quite a while and it always was a great experience (even with 512 mb ram it was much better than stock android)

My question is - is it possible to get a TV out working? I found some patchwork regarding it for u-boot (and quick look at the source code revealed that there is in fact some tve related stuff), and I also found some patches for mainline armbian.

• Hi, thank you for making libreelec available on the AllWinner SoCs. Is there a way to turn on HDMI output on boot although the connected television is off? I'm using an OrangePi 3 H6 and when my television is not turned on during boot of libreelec the screen stays black although I can hear the typical Kodi sounds.

edid-decode /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid

gives also some reasonable output

• Yes, turn on HDMI-CEC support on your TV. Note that this feature can have different name, depending on TV manufacturer. Do some research.

HDMI-CEC is activated and I can navigate in Kodi with my remote control (this using the same HDMI-CEC feature, right?). Still the screen stays black if the television is off on boot time and only turned on subsequently.

• HDMI-CEC is activated and I can navigate in Kodi with my remote control (this using the same HDMI-CEC feature, right?). Still the screen stays black if the television is off on boot time and only turned on subsequently.

I've seen something similar here too with the x2 if im booting with hdmi unplugged i can't seem to start hdmi anymore once i plug the cable. Nevertheless it is ok if the tv is in standby ( never tried with tv unplugged from power)

Just tried this on latest nightly:

Unplugged tv from power

Powered up tvbox

Replugged tv to power

And still hdmi is on, so it seems only unplugged hdmi cable stops hdmi from starting in my case (2012 samsung tv)

With unplugged hdmi cable it is as you described, audio click sounds from kodi are played back over hdmi, but screen is black.

Edited once, last by lumpi (February 11, 2020 at 3:15 PM).

• Sorry now back from fever, so again able to play with Linux ;)

I tried it again with the lima test version and couldn't reproduce the missing sound issue anymore. Also after updating to today's nightly nothing worse or better. So seems all ok?!

Only thing I saw while rebooting a lot, is that LE is complaining about its inability to umount /flash "device or ressource busy" just followed by a complaint "failed to finalize file systems, loop devices, ignoring - system halted"

Not critical but not nice :)

• HDMI-CEC is activated and I can navigate in Kodi with my remote control (this using the same HDMI-CEC feature, right?). Still the screen stays black if the television is off on boot time and only turned on subsequently.

I can think only two possibilities - either that function is disabled on TV or in Kodi. I would bet on the former. Well, there is still a possibility of a driver bug.

Not supported in Thoradia repo in LE OPi 3?

I wouldn't know.

• I dont think this is related to H6 implementation.

On my Rpi2 LibreELEC I have the same situation:

1. if I turn on TV using remote - I can navigate in the Kodi using remote
    2. If I turn on TV using echo 'on 0' | cec-client -s - I can not navigate in Kodi using remote