How to get rf-remote buttons that registers as mouse button presses to work? (solved-ish)

• For some reason the rf remote I just bought insist on using mouse button presses for the OK button and the back button. If I have "mouse and touchscreen support" deactivated in kodi, those are not key events I can detect. If I have it activated, I get the button presses but also the mouse pointer which I don't want.

I tried to make a mouse.xml file and place it in userdata/keymaps, that deactives movements with:

Code
    <mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
    <mousemove>noop</mousemove>

...but that doesn't work. I'm not sure if LE even notices the file. The mouse.xml file in /usr/share/kodi/system/keymaps/ is write protected. What should I do?

• Thank you, but the remote is not a IR remote. It's a rf remote with a usb dongle. The missing buttons, can be seen when using getscancodes :

Code
    getscancodes /dev/input/event0
    589825 (0x90001)
    589826 (0x90002)

so I tried to make a file in /hwdb.d/ called 99-keyboard.hwdb:

Code
    # RF Remote
    evdev:input:b0003v2319p0014*
     KEYBOARD_KEY_090001=enter

...but it doesn't work. I would be very thankful for any help with this. I've been spending more hours trying to get this to work than I'd like to admit.

• It turns out this should not be a question, it should be a bug report. I downgraded to 8.2.5 and it worked straight away. It did not work with LibreELEC 9.0.1 on a RP 1+. Maybe the moderator could move this to the bug report section instead.