Alternative to VNC like Teamviewer

• Hi at all,

I have a question: I need to manage LibreElec (installed on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+) remotely.

Unfortunately, I have to help a friend of mine who does not know much about computing.

I would like to use VNC but unfortunately the ports of your router are closed.

I was looking for a solution like Teamviewer or Dwservice that does not need any open port.

I would like to know if you know any solution or an alternative to solve my problem?

Thank you.

• tigervnc or dispmanx vnc

check to see if the official libreelec repository includes them

Yes, the addons you have sent me are fine, but as I wrote earlier:

I would like to use VNC but unfortunately the ports of your router are closed.

Would you recommend me some other solution?

I thought I would solve the problem of ports with a personal VPN like ZeroTier, but I can't install it in LibreElec.

• You could try a docker image of zerotier. Something like This

Ok, I installed everything and it works perfectly, but I have some questions:

1. Is the IP address that I find is Libreelec or Docker?

2. I tried to put the ip address found with the port (ip_address: 5900) but the VNC does not respond, isn't that anyway the doors have to be opened?

3. I also tried using SSH (ip_address: 22) via telnet, but doesn't this even work, it's always the fault of the ports?

I was trying to put the RPI as if it were on a LAN so as to avoid opening the doors.

Do you have any other advice?

• Official Post

No idea I'm afraid. I don't use it, it was just a suggestion.

1) You can try a net scan to see what is on the network. nmap -sP 192.168.0.0/24 Change the IP to suit your network. I believe that the docker should be the same as LE. You may need to add LE addon network tools first.

2) No idea.

3) Use ssh on port 22 not telnet, Telnet is on port 23 .