[SOLVED] NFS Server

• Hi guys, first of all congratulations for the initiative and the excellent work.

I was wondering if it is against the LE policy to enable a NFS server into this distro. I mean, we already have the SSH and the Samba server available.

I tried to use Samba on my setup (4 RPi) but it doesn't work as smooth as I wanted. And the UPnP doesn't fulfill my needs since I have some `.strm` files with plugin links inside (yeah, it works linke a charm). But when I try to access these files through the UPnP, the server tries to play the content and nothing works. So, my only hope is a NFS server.

I know that "LE8 "Extended" community build" has the NFS Server built in but don't need all the overweight that comes with it.

So, I believe I have the motivation (my own needs) and the reference (the LE8 "Extended"), the last thing to think is if this work will be useful for anyone else and if this kind of code could be integrated to the distro.

Edited once, last by mello (September 29, 2016 at 1:03 PM).

• My tree may be built with OEM_EMU=no to exclude all the emulator related packages. There really isn't anything to gain by doing that though, your /flash partition is 512MB and any free space there is simply wasted. As awiou points out, you could also create an addon that can be installed on vanilla LE from my package with minimal effort. Time to get hacking :)

• Klojum - yep, it totally make sense. thank you for the clarification.

awiouy - I was so sure that this would work that checking the setup didn't come to my mind, crazy mind of an anxious man =)

escalade - thanks for the instructions... and your work on the extended version. I have some questions about it but I'll gonna ask you on the right thread.

thank you all.