Edid Override not working

• As per Oe i followed this wiki guide Configuring a Custom xorg.conf - OpenELEC

but i can't get it to work with Libreelec (i don't have dts hd - dolby true hd option if avr is switched off)

i checked in .config/firmware/edid/edid.bin and edif files is present

- i checked in /extlinux.conf and string is present

how can i check if edid is correctly loaded at startup ?

• Check with

Code
    LibreELEC-ultra:~ # grep -i edid /var/log/Xorg.0.log
    [2982095.786] (**) NVIDIA(0): Option "CustomEDID" "DFP-0:/storage/.config/edid.bin.ultra2.TX-SR508_1920x1080"

Edited once, last by vpeter (July 3, 2016 at 6:51 PM).

• Check with

Code
    LibreELEC-ultra:~ # grep -i edid /var/log/Xorg.0.log
    [2982095.786] (**) NVIDIA(0): Option "CustomEDID" "DFP-0:/storage/.config/edid.bin.ultra2.TX-SR508_1920x1080"

Sorry finally i got file appended correctly (seems a ssh problem)

• Sorry finally i got file appended correctly (seems a ssh problem)

How did you solve this problem you say? I got the same problem. Followed the guide, after reboot with TV off I get only black. With the TV on, and then checking the logs I see nothing about edid.
    /var/log/Xorg.0.log shows me QCJF
    even though my syslinux.cfg still is edited.

EDIT: Can it be that I need to edit this file instead? /flash/EFI/BOOT/syslinux.cfg

EDIT2: It was..

/Söder

Edited once, last by soder (November 16, 2016 at 6:54 PM).

• I followed this guide to create custom EDID.

If I check the boot I get this:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # grep -i edid /var/log/Xorg.0.log
    [2332972.829] Kernel command line: root=/dev/ram0 rdinit=/init usbcore.autosuspend=-1 BOOT_IMAGE=/KERNEL boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage  quiet initrd=/edid.cpio drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/edid.bin video=HDMI-A-1:D
    LibreELEC:~ #

I still get blank screen on resume from standby before the TV is switched on :( Any ideas?

Setup:
    Libreelec 8 on 120 GB SSD
    Intel Kaby Lake i3-7100, onboard GFx
    Motherboard MSI B250M MORTAR Intel B25
    8 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4

honestly I have a Doctor HDMI hardware EDID emulator too and it works great... but why to use it if SW Emulation could be done. It is somehow ridicolous that I have to link up a 80 € EDID emulator and an 40 € CEC-adapter between HTPC and AVR/TV to get basic functions working... with all the cable mess it means.

Edited once, last by kszabo (March 2, 2017 at 5:13 PM).