Accessing Files on SMB Share

• Hi All

I have a windows KODI box that also acts as a file server for the house for movies, TV etc. Now Ive just bought a Rasberry Pi 3 for another room and put LibreElec on it. I can access the films/TV just fine, but Im trying to access some images as backgrounds for some menu items that are also shared from the windows share, but I cannot find out how to access them through the file system on the RPI.

Im not an experienced Linux user. I am happy to use the command line from SSH (as I use putty at work to connect to linux machines from my windows desktop) but I dont use it day to day.

Any help mounting an SMB share into the root file system would be most appreciated

Thanks

• I might be wrong here but as far as I found out You need to copy backgrounds and thumbnails to your local storage folder on Your RPi.
    I used the 'Pictures' folder for that purpose.
    Maybe there is another way but this works...

• I might be wrong here but as far as I found out You need to copy backgrounds and thumbnails to your local storage folder on Your RPi.
    I used the 'Pictures' folder for that purpose.
    Maybe there is another way but this works...

Yeah, Ive worked around this for now by using wget to the files off the internet as I couldnt work out how to access the files through the home network.

• Can't you add the windows folder in file manager?

Enable samba on the RPi in system>settings>services (expert mode).
    Then:

System>file manage>add source>smb>windows network etc.