Unable to SSH v7.90.005

• Have been tweaking this after upgrading from a 15.2 OE install. I'm unable to SSH into the system. Never a problem before. I've set SSH on obviously, my IP address is unchanged, I haven't changed any router settings. Tried using both my old settings and with a clean install. I'm able to ping the device, I'm still able to access other machines on the network. I'm getting a "connection refused" error. ...and now I'm confused. Just put the SD card in a card reader, and can't find any linux directories (/etc, /var, /usr, etc). I also can't find the file browser in the LE GUI/estuary.
    [hr]
    Oh, maybe the file system only gets created on boot up?

Edited once, last by mma8x (September 21, 2016 at 4:45 PM).

• The usual reason is an outdated version of PuTTY which is trying to connect using ciphers LibreSSL dropped in the wake of various major SSL security issues in recent years. Clear cached key profiles in the SSH client and update it and that usually solves the problem. And the SD card has two partitions; one is FAT32 (readable on anything) with a few boot files only and the other which maps to /storage is EXT4 which Windows and macOS haven't a clue about, hence you cannot see anything of interest.

• Well, this is from an ubuntu 16.04 box, so the putty/libs thing isn't applicable. And of course it can read ext4 just fine. But the mount point seems to be the /storage directory. Also ssh doesn't work from juicessh on android either. I was looking for clues in a sshd_config file, but like I said I can't find /etc