[Solved] Can't connect with Simple VNC server (aml-vnc)

• WOW

i didn't know vnc worked for Kodi, this is fantastic, now i can update or test the lazy way. Any vnc app that has touch screen support? TightVNC does not seem to work with touch or could it been i have the cursor disabled in advancedsettings.xml?

Edited once, last by JonSnow (September 20, 2016 at 12:23 AM).

• Hello. I am trying to connect to OE 7.0.2 by using the aforementioned plugin but I keep receiving "invalid desktop size"

How can I bypass this error?

Thanx!
    [hr]
    Hello. I am trying to connect via vnc viewer from a Windows 10 PC to my RPi3 and LibreELEC but everytime I keep receiving the "invalid desktop size" message.

Is there a way I can solve this?

Thanx!

Edited once, last by gkagg (November 3, 2016 at 9:31 AM).

• Hello. I am trying to connect to OE 7.0.2 by using the aforementioned plugin but I keep receiving "invalid desktop size"

How can I bypass this error?

Thanx!
    [hr]
    Hello. I am trying to connect via vnc viewer from a Windows 10 PC to my RPi3 and LibreELEC but everytime I keep receiving the "invalid desktop size" message.

Is there a way I can solve this?

Thanx!

This addon is for amlogic devices - it won't work on a pi.
    There is a vnc addon for a pi - I think it's in the libreelec repo, can't check right now.

• Awesome, I can connect on my local network. AWESOME.

Is it possible to connect to a remote Libreelec???

That would be the icing on the cake.

Yes it is possible. I have vnc working both locally and through the internet. You have to forward the ports 5800 & 5900 on your router to point to your LE local IP. works like a charm.You will need either a static IP address or use no-ip dynamic dns service (like I do) for it to work.

Edited once, last by TNS (January 18, 2017 at 3:21 PM).

• So what about if I want to offer remote support to someone?

I am able to get their www ip address from the box.

Would they then have to configure their router to open ports 5800 and 5900 or temporarily put it in the DMZ, for me to connect to them?

Regards.

• So what about if I want to offer remote support to someone?

I am able to get their www ip address from the box.

Would they then have to configure their router to open ports 5800 and 5900 or temporarily put it in the DMZ, for me to connect to them?

Regards.

Yes open those ports to point to the local ip of the LE box or DMZ to the local IP of the LE box. If you are going to involve the client then you can also use Teamviewer. No need to forward any ports and you can access the LE box locally from the clients pc/laptop.

• That sounds like the best way. Would I have to install realVNC on their machine before starting the remote access? I would assume so.

If you install realVNC on the clients machine, You would have to open the VNC ports I mentioned earlier on the router :(. If instead you install Teamviewer (Free version) on both the client and your machine, you do not have to open any ports as the connection is made using their servers.

• Hmm now I a bit confused. Which software works with the aml-vnc then.
    I thought RealVNC was installed in the clients PC and that was what accessed the local network and media box running LE.