bootloop

• Hii Guys,

I have a RPI2 and this is the thirt time i'm stuck in a bootloop. If the PI starts i see the Kodi Jarvis 16.1 logo and the it stops and reboots itself. How can i stop this and can i get it back to work without losing any data.

Many thank,

Jordy

• Bootloop... Could be from a number of things, from sdcard corruption to crappy (illegal) addons.
    Sometimes it's better/faster to start with a clean slate.

To save your data, place the sd card into a Linux machine (or Windows with some EXT4-compatibility tool) and copy the necessary folder(s).

Install a fresh copy of LE via the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator tool, and start from there. If you have no bootloop, restore your backed up files.
    If the bootloop reappears, it's best to reconfigure & install everything from scratch.

• Bootloop... Could be from a number of things, from sdcard corruption to crappy (illegal) addons.
    Sometimes it's better/faster to start with a clean slate.

To save your data, place the sd card into a Linux machine (or Windows with some EXT4-compatibility tool) and copy the necessary folder(s).

Install a fresh copy of LE via the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator tool, and start from there. If you have no bootloop, restore your backed up files.
    If the bootloop reappears, it's best to reconfigure & install everything from scratch.

Thnx for the help. I will look into to backup the data using a ext4 tool. I used the libreelec USB/SD creator. I installed the Horus build from TDB wizard i think the probleem is there.
    But do you have a program that can backup ext4 =

• Hi Jordy,

I tried to update my RPi(1) yesterday from OE6.0.3 to LE7.0.2 via Update-Folder (tar-File). I got stuck in a Bootloop too. I saw the update process, then the LE logo and then 10-20 times the Kodi-Jarvis logo until I unplugged the Raspi.
    I didn't have time to try via Backup - Clean-Install - Restore.
    But maybe the current version does have a general issue with Raspis? Did other Raspi users also have Bootloops?

Jochen

edit: Sorry, I forgot: I use Aeon Nox Skin an no illegal add-ons

Edited once, last by joediboe (September 12, 2016 at 12:14 PM).

• How did you update, via the internal update mechanism or via downloaded .tar/.img.gz files?
    Because there are still people who manage to try & update a RPi device with the update for a x86-64 PC, and that does not work well.
    [hr]

Thnx for the help. I will look into to backup the data using a ext4 tool. I used the libreelec USB/SD creator. I installed the Horus build from TDB wizard i think the probleem is there.
    But do you have a program that can backup ext4 =

EXT4 is a Linux disk format. You can easily access it via any modern Linux distro. Try Ubuntu and run/test it without installing. Once it runs, plug in the SD card, and copy the files via the Nautilus File Manager. Drag&drop is easy enough.

The "Horus build from TDB wizard" is a 3rd party tool thing. If LibreELEC gets f*cked up by using it, contact the TDB developer(s). We have no desire to be other people's clean up crew.
    [hr]

I tried to update my RPi(1) yesterday from OE6.0.3 to LE7.0.2 via Update-Folder (tar-File). I got stuck in a Bootloop too. I saw the update process, then the LE logo and then 10-20 times the Kodi-Jarvis logo until I unplugged the Raspi.

Normally, going from OE 6 to LE 7 should be possible, but having the older AEON skin active, might disrupt the process.

I didn't have time to try via Backup - Clean-Install - Restore.

Well, you probably need to do that now anyway. A fresh start never hurts, it will also clean up your video and/or music libraries of unnecessary clogging and stuff that's no longer usefull. Suggestion: get a 2nd SD card, and keep the old as backup.