Intel-GPU-tools

• Just SCP things to /storage and they should run. You can always bind-mount things to other locations if they really need to exist in other location. If they are static build they should just work. If not static, we may have the deps, or not..

NB: Are these binaries that we build but don't copy into the image .. or binaries from another package that we don't have in our build system?

• I tried extracting the binaries from a recent Ubuntu .deb and running intel_gpu_top from the /storage folder. I got the error

error while loading shared libraries: libunwind.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

• I tried extracting the binaries from a recent Ubuntu .deb and running intel_gpu_top from the /storage folder. I got the error

error while loading shared libraries: libunwind.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

That just means, it is not statically build.

Gerald

• @awiuoy

Just tested by running intel_gpu_top and it worked as expected. Thank you very much!

For those who want to monitor GPU usage in Intel GPUs, install the addon, ssh in, and run "intel_gpu_top". There are other tools included as well but the top tool was the most interesting to me.

Edited once, last by Jdiesel (September 13, 2016 at 2:36 AM).

• i installed all three terminal-only packages from LE at KODI, but no intel_gpu_top command available.

Just SCP things to /storage and they should run. You can always bind-mount things to other locations if they really need to exist in other location. If they are static build they should just work. If not static, we may have the deps, or not..

NB: Are these binaries that we build but don't copy into the image .. or binaries from another package that we don't have in our build system?

i download the *.deb package (ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/i/intel-gpu-tools/intel-gpu-tools_1.27.1-1_amd64.deb) and extract with 7zip. check the attached tree.txt file, to see the list of content.

how is the procedure to copy the folders/files into \storage, to use as kind portable version (without install)?

add, 19.09.2024

maybe i should explain why i need the tool ... my GPU is "00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation GeminiLake [UHD Graphics 600] [8086:3185] (rev 03)" and would like play/test with kernel parameters like i915.enable_dc=0 i915.enable_guc=2 ... because 4K UHD ISO files have sometimes (micro-)stutter.

using intel-gpu-tools i would see the difference after change of parameters.