USB drives flip mount points

• I use LibreELEC on a RP3 B+ with TVHeadend. I have 2 USB drives for recordings. Normally my 128GB Flash drive gets mounted as /var/media/

sda1-usb-SanDisk_Ultra_Fi. I have TVH setup to put the recordings there. I also have a USB external hard drive and it normally comes up as /var/media/

sdb1-ata-TOSHIBA_HDWD120_. It has miscellaneous media files.

Occasionally, when I reboot the RP3 the drives comes up switched.

sda1-ata-TOSHIBA_HDWD120_

sdb1-usb-SanDisk_Ultra_Fi

This messes up the recording settings. Is there a way to force this like /etc/fstab?? I notice there isn't one on LibreELEC 9.01

Jim A

• My drives all have labels and are mounted consistently with the label names. The alternative (more reliable but more of a faff) is to mount using the uuid. It's a long time since I looked at this, but iirc you can use e2label for ext drives / fatlabel / ntfslabel (though I've always used windows for the latter 2).

• I used e2label to assign know labels to each drive and it mounts them using those names under /var/media/.

So that problem is solved. However, if I change the TVH setting to reflect the recordings directory on the sandisk I can not see old existing recordings. it's empty until I record something new. If I use the Kodi Video option instead of TV I can see all those files. I can ssh into libreelec and also see that they are there.

Any ideas??