KI Pro (S905D) Need to debug log run UART

• tvheaden ok scan ok remap ok stream ok

kodi hd 1080 p channel stutter and bad pictures guality

The dtb now used

The same may work in the latest version!

It would be good to test you do not think so.

Recent version with dtb of the version you are using.

• I use coreelec and vitmod os (neutrino and openpli) with sdcard. have any problem. I know activate multiboot or other boot method. printenv log is old. I only tested mainline libreelec img

• By the dawn of today I want to test!

taki More details than I need to boot this image!

For surely there is a community awaiting this newness.

We want people here willing to help and be helped.

Tell the few details because some people could not, certainly balbes150 must have fixed many problems!

Thank you.

• everthing inside sdcard img. first write img to sdcard. after look fat partition

reconfigure uenv.ini

dtb_name=/dtb/meson-gxl-s905d-ki-pro.dtb

and

extlinux.conf LABEL LibreELEC LINUX /KERNEL FDT /dtb/meson-gxl-s905d-ki-pro.dtb

after inserd sdcard to your device.

unplug

push tootpick hole

plug

wait 5-10 second

look libreelec logo

• Plan A: afl1's current work forward-ports the legacy Amlogic/Android dvb approach using the kernel backporting technique (media_build). It works but some people (not me, but kernel maintainers whose opinions count) consider this approach to be inappropriate as the legacy Android approach does not follow kernel standards. It's not impossible for afl1 to adapt his code, but this will take some time and effort and will require persistence and a willingness to accept feedback. So far he has only submitted one small fragment of code to a kernel mailing list. That was back in January and the maintainers made comments which received zero response. If he has any interest in seeing his work upstreamed (and sending the patch would indicate that he does, or did) communications will need to improve. If afl1 needs help with the upstreaming or communications there are numerous people who would like to assist. All he needs to do is ask for help.

Plan B: There are also funded commercial projects in the Amlogic ecosystem with requirements for mainline kernel DVB support so even if afl1 shows no further interest in sending code upstream; at some point a professional developer will be tasked to write and then upstream something that meets the required standards. This will not happen quickly as there are many code packages in those commercial projects with a higher-priority, but eventually it will be the top item on someone's to-do list and I am confident that it will be done.

I'd personally like to see the work done by afl1 be adapted and absorbed for the benefit of all, but I also see dvb support as a minor feature. Our overall experience as a project shows that the majority of users prefer USB tuners or independent network-based tuner devices as they are client-device agnostic, usually deliver better results, and are better long-term investments.

Chewitt,
    As someone who understands this stuff
    - are these developments in Kernel 5.10 by vidtv
    kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git - Linux kernel source tree

kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git - Linux kernel source tree

likely to make it easier it easier for companies such as Mecool to upload their DVB driver to the Linux Kernel in the future in your opinion?

I know, I know, your last line suggests there is little interest in internal tuners compared to "USD tuners or independent network-based tuner devices" ... but I gotta hold out hope :)

At this stage, I think I'm resigned to installing Libreelec on my old WeTek Play 1 and put TVHeadEnd server on it,
    then installing Libreelec and TVHeadEnd Client on my Mecool K7.
    The one annoying thing of course is that Wetek put two satellite tuners on the Play 1 instead of a satellite and a terrestrial tuner.

• Current situation is improved from 2019 when previous post was written, but still a long way from a solution and those commits don't directly help.

The demod chip is from Availink and we have now direct contact with them and they are (or were, no updates since the summer) working on a public release of their previously closed-source drivers and we/me persuaded them to publish under GPLv2 to things can eventually go upstream. They also have a pile of tuner drivers to work with their demod, although some of the drivers have dubiouos code provenance so might never be upstreamable too the kernel. The current missing pieces are: a) the large amount of work to deconstruct the Amlogic/Android style monolithic driver so that all the component driver bits are standalone/configurable via kernel defconfig (and thus correctly supporting upstream APIs), and b) somene needs to write a GBM/V4L2 compliant demux driver as the one from the Amlogic BSP is written around the BSP memory drivers, and c) someone will need to write a deinterlace IP driver, although that's easier and recent work on Allwinner to do similar provides some prior-art and clues on how to do it.

Using the WP1 as the headend is by far the best idea, as the above ^ isn't going to happen anytime soon.

• The demod chip is from Availink and we have now direct contact with them and they are (or were, no updates since the summer) working on a public release of their previously closed-source drivers and we/me persuaded them to publish under GPLv2 to things can eventually go upstream.

Yes, I see the last bit of work was in July
    Commits · availink/amlogic_meson_dvb4linux · GitHub

(hope for their sake the reason for the everything going quiet is that they were just pulled onto another project and not anything more serious!)

Thanks again for the feedback, appreciate it, as for some of us this stuff is confusing ;)