Installation help MEcool M8s Pro L

• Hi,

I have followed instructions found here but cannot get to boot LE. Any help appreciated.

Device: Mecool M8s Pro L (S912)

Problem: Stuttering video in Kodi

I want to: Boot LE from USB stick

Steps:

1. I've burned the img via Rufus onto USD stick: LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0.1.img.gz

2. Tried all device trees from here one by one added to the root of usb stick

3. Used Boot to libreelec .apk (found online) which i installed onto the box

4. when i run the app and boot to LE I get the broken Android screen with an exclamation mark in a red triangle and No command message.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

Imp

• For a start to Mecool is an amlogic device, not generic.

Another thing is? how to you press the reset button to get it to boot the usb?

My mecool M8Pro plus doesn't have reset button,so I had to download an android app to get it to boot into recovery

But, if I were you I would head over to the Coreelec forum download the image for your device

CoreELEC

• For a start to Mecool is an amlogic device, not generic.

Another thing is? how to you press the reset button to get it to boot the usb?

My mecool M8Pro plus doesn't have reset button,so I had to download an android app to get it to boot into recovery

But, if I were you I would head over to the Coreelec forum download the image for your device

CoreELEC

The reason I chose generic is cause amlogic page didn't offer my device: LibreELEC Downloads – LibreELEC. Which of those offered should I do in that case?

As I've stated in point 3. i used Boot to ELEC application. Mine doesn't have a reset button either.

I will try the CoreELEC as you suggested as well.

Thanks a lot!

• Unfortunately I've had the same result with CoreELEC installation. I've tried both USB ports on the device and I've tried with the terminal emulator. Both "Boot to ELEC" app and Terminal one give identical screen with dead bot and "No Command" message.