Support for A10/A20

• Hello,

I think that Bananapi and Bananapi pro use the same hw concept.

My way is:

1. $ git clone --branch a20 GitHub - jernejsk/LibreELEC.tv: Just enough OS for KODI

2. $ cd LibreELEC.tv

3. $ PROJECT=Allwinner DEVICE=A20 ARCH=arm UBOOT_SYSTEM=bananapi make image

Oh yes, you got it without myproposal,

• Thank you majorkalina for your reply. As you know I did change the config to bananapi. The device boots fine, but does not play some of the video formats. How did your board work with kodi. Were you able to play mp4 and mpeg2 files? I appreciate any comments or suggestions.

• Thank you majorkalina for your reply. As you know I did change the config to bananapi. The device boots fine, but does not play some of the video formats. How did your board work with kodi. Were you able to play mp4 and mpeg2 files? I appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Hello,

as I wrote in #17:

video playback is not good at all.

h264, AVC downloaderd movies; mpeg2 and h265 is issue;

h264, AVC some test videos from Samples - Official Kodi Wiki plays O.K.;

mpeg1 and xvid in avi and mkv container plays O.K.

• Thank you. I have given up on Libreelec on banana pro. However, I have quite some success with compiling mosterta's modifications for kernel and some other libraries to compile and run kodi for bananapro. See thread and my last post:

hardware acceleration on allwinner A10/A20 with vdpau and OpenGLES (zero-copy)

Regards.

• For anyone who cares:

I tried to compile LE from master repo (kernel 5.2.6) for A20 banana pi with no working eth. I added

CONFIG_CLK_SUNXI=y

CONFIG_CLK_SUNXI_CLOCKS=y

and:

CLK_SUNXI_PRCM_SUN6I=y

CLK_SUNXI_PRCM_SUN8I=y

(CLK_SUNXI_PRCM_SUN9I=y

(to enable the legacy clock drivers)

to linux.arm.conf and Ethernet is working well now but video playback poor, as detected before.