Orange Pi PC Plus Libreelec 9.1, No WiFi

• Hello,

Just installed the latest image, It works great for me. The only problem I see is NO WiFi...

No connections shown. Personally I'm using wired connection, but would be happy to have the WiFi option.

Thank you

Zvi

Edited once, last by zvir: The image I use is: LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.1-nightly-20190516-77c88ba-orangepi_pc_plus. Like said before I did not see any other problem except the WiFi issue. At first initialization, when opt to select network, all I get is WIRED network. And No sign of WIRELESS network. Thanks (May 21, 2019 at 6:17 AM).

• Hello.

Buckaboobob

I download image from this location Index of / and LAN (wired connection) works fine for me.

@zvir

Could you please test if files with DD or DTS sound are working fine for you?

I was not able to get sound from HDMI connected to Amplifier for files with >2.0 channels.

Youtube addon and GUI sounds works fine.

• The image I use is:

LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.1-nightly-20190516-77c88ba-orangepi_pc_plus

At first initialization of KODI, when opt for network selection, all I see is the WIRED network.

No option for WIRELESS network.

Zvi

• Official Post

Are there any future plans as for H3 WiFi?

There is no such thing as H3 WiFi. Boards with Ampak (Broadcom) modules have working WiFi, but Realtek modules are not supported and I'm not sure they will be, unless there is upstream driver for them in Linux kernel. No LE developer wants to deal with out-of-tree Realtek drivers. However, if someone prepares and publishes community image with those drivers, I'm fine with that (community images -> not supported by LE team).