[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• Hi john_matrix

What do you mean with this? "Same error here and resolved by connecting the box to an USB2.0 port. "

You were able to install the MXIII-C_202L1 with the USB Burning Tool ?

Or you were able to install the LibreELEC from USB2? (because none of the two box USB are usb2.)

You are shure that your box is this one MXIII-C_V1.2_20160419 ? Because non one was able to solve the issues with these boxes yet.

Edited once, last by Redcat22 (November 26, 2016 at 12:20 PM).

• hm... ive been compiling your setup for both the MXIII... as well as for Eny's M8S with a project i added to your sources specifically for the M8S and everything actually works pretty well...

the only issue i seem to have and havent nailed down yet why is that streaming with every plugin ive tried works great but when it comes to playing local content and using Kodi's library funtions causes the box to hang on the home screen and keep recyling from the Jarvis 16.1 entrance screen to a basically blank confluence home page... ( its the home page background with nothing else showing)...

ive tried running full debug logs and about the only thing i ever find in any of the logs no matter what debug log level you run is a few "CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings" message in the log files... ssh'ing into the box and i can see and check all the running process's and even the crash logs dont indicate anything specific to the whats causing the issue... going into the userdata directory and tossing the MyVideo99.db will instantly restore the box on the next cycle between the Jarvis entrance screen and confluences home page... its only the content databases that seem to hang... the plugin db seems ok... from observing the running processes and watching the actual box screen on the tv you can see that when you try and scan in any video or music content that the scrapers appear to be going out and gathering all the metadata and then you'll see the "compressing the database" message and from that point as soon as you try and go back to the home screen that the box is now hung between the Jarvis entrance and Home Page of the skin your usiing... ive tried other skins and the symptoms are the same...

so far ive not been able to nail down the cause but it almost seems to like either the used database is not closed properly or somethings being put into it thats causing a issue because. its any attempt to put content into either the myvideos or the mymusic ones that cause the problem... throwing them away fixes the issue as they get recreated to their empty defaults and seem fine...

ive downloaded the updated db's and looked in them and they all appear to be fine and are filled with valid info... Ive a huge amount of local video and music sources all locally stored on about 16 terabytes of local servers that work fine with everything else and had it not been for trying to scan in that local content i'd wouldnt have noticed the issue as streaming everything else i typically do worked great.. im NOT using mysql to centralize the data so the box is just using the built in Sqlite to handle the box locally... ive tried scanning flat file directories as well as recursively trying to see if that was a issue as i know that with some boxes still running Android and using Kodi with smb shares can cause db problems so nfs is used to solve that... in this cause tho cause theres no android that should not be a issue...

eventually when i get time i will find the issue but thought i would just mention the issue to see if its just me or if others have experienced the same thing...

other then that your project seems to be pretty good and im sure will make alot of the S812 users happy... and im glad to see people like you helping to support others...
    keep up the great work...

• I gathered BETA image using the source kernel KSZAQ for the 3.10. Included in the dtb data for multiple devices S812 and S802. Request to the owners of different models S812 and S802 , who have the opportunity to try to run it with the external media. I am interested in the fundamental performance of multivariant dtb data simultaneously for S812 and S802.

dF7ASRFGygDMj

Hi. I tried it on my m8s plus.
    Working perfect except ethernet. DHCP doesn't resolve my router's IP assigning 169.254.*.* instead.
    I tried to set my ip manually - no success.
    I think ethernet just not working properly.

Всю голову поломал, что не так. Как-то можно проверить работоспособность сетевухи?

Edited once, last by phanex (November 27, 2016 at 12:58 PM).

• Usually, with such symptoms, the problem with the dtb file, it does not correctly detected network card. Alternatively, you can rebuild the image with the correct dtb. Need any sample dtb file (at least from the firmware, at least from any version of LE\OE) that the network card is correctly recognized and works.

Обычно, при таких симптомах, проблема с dtb файлом, в нём не правильно определена сетевая карта. Как вариант - можно пересобрать образ с правильным dtb. Нужен любой образец dtb файла (хоть из прошивки, хоть от любой версии LE\OE), с которым сетевая карта правильно определяется и работает.

• Hi. I tried it on my m8s plus.
    Working perfect except ethernet. DHCP doesn't resolve my router's IP assigning 169.254.*.* instead.
    I tried to set my ip manually - no success.
    I think ethernet just not working properly.

Всю голову поломал, что не так. Как-то можно проверить работоспособность сетевухи?

Try this option.

wvzJJBU8zgGG3

• Hi, I managed to install LibreElec on my Probox2 EX+ using the MXIII Plus build: 20161115
    Here are the steps:

• Download TWRP for MXIII Plus, I found the link here: index.php?t673262-5740.html the exact file is TWRP_MXIII_Plus_S812.img and it has a SHA1 hash: a2eb8d25d47c99a7cb4de4e3c5dfe2134380188d
    • Rename the file to recovery.img and copy it to the root of a FAT32-formatted MicroSD card.
    • Download the update ZIP version of LibreElec (look for the one with the filename LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-[i]W.X.Y.Z[/i]-update.zip) and copy that into the MicroSD card.
    • Boot the device into the MicroSD card using the toothpick method (exactly the same procedure as the official "TF Card Update" method)
    • (Maybe optional) Install recovery.img into the recovery partition by going to the command line and issuing the command:
      Code
      dd if=/external_sd/recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery ;sync;sync

(the normal installation procedure does not seem to work). Then reboot into the recovery partition.

• Go to install, and select the zip file copied in step (4). The installation should proceed smoothly.

The thing seems to be stable so far, but haven't stress-tested it yet. Will let you know if problems crop up! HUGE thanks for the effort, balbes150!

Edited once, last by SnT2k (November 30, 2016 at 7:05 AM).

• I run that "Beta"-Image on a S812 2gb-Ram/8gb-Flash device:
    - remote did not work
    - wifi has no "data-transfer" (lan, internet) but is able to connect to the router and gets IP / DNS-IP-Assignment / ...
    - RAM was recognized as "of 1785 mb" or so (not 2gig)

for the remote I extracted it from the android firmware (/etc/remote.conf -> usb-stick, works without root). After putting that file on the "LE-stick /storage/.config/remote.config" the remote worked within Kodi.

For Wifi I am a bit clueless:
    - wifi/40183/fw_bcm40183b2.bin seems to be the binary blob for the wifi chip - and this file is very known to some libre/open-elec code repositories, I just do not know if it is contained in your image

Just to have it stored "online" and maybe someone is searching it - the remote.conf for the "skykirin remote" (seems to be the internal name from the devs).

Tell me if I could help out somehow to make Wifi work.

Edited once, last by GWR (November 29, 2016 at 9:50 PM).

• I checked the device RAM, it's only listing a total of 1613952kB instead of 2gB. Is this because of a mismatched DTB file?

In any case, I managed to extract the AMLOGIC multi-dtb file from the image and uploaded it here: Dropbox - probox2ex+.dtb.img
    Also, it may be a stupid question, but can the DTB file be replaced post-install? I managed to do it for the RPi but that's a special case, I don't know how to do it for my device or if it's even possible.

• - wifi has no "data-transfer" (lan, internet) but is able to connect to the router and gets IP / DNS-IP-Assignment / ...

WiFi I have not tested. In the next release I'll check it. How does the wired network ?

- RAM was recognized as "of 1785 mb" or so (not 2gig)

This is the correct value, as it should be. A portion of memory to be allocated for the graphics system and it is not displayed in the output.
    [hr]

I checked the device RAM, it's only listing a total of 1613952kB instead of 2gB. Is this because of a mismatched DTB file?

In any case, I managed to extract the AMLOGIC multi-dtb file from the image and uploaded it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u8eia0t0leqpz...b.img?dl=0
    Also, it may be a stupid question, but can the DTB file be replaced post-install? I managed to do it for the RPi but that's a special case, I don't know how to do it for my device or if it's even possible.

After recording of the image on the media, FAT partition, there is a copy of the dtb file. Dtb data from this file are part of the kernel (kernel.img). This dtb file can be used to separate the kernel, the dtb data initramfs. For separate download of elements need to use another script file s805_autoscript. I checked the option in which dtb data are not part of the "kernel.img". In this embodiment, it is easy to replace the dtb data for any need without having to collect a new image. But it has a drawback. U-boot (which is used in all standard firmware platform S8xx) no support for separate load and store the dtb data in the internal memory. This feature (separate storage of the kernel and dtb data in the internal memory) appeared on the platform S9xx. If make the corresponding changes in u-boot, then can use a separate options storage of the kernel and the dtb data to internal memory.

• Wired worked as supposed.

A pity I already updated to the last available firmware (it fixed CEC bugs).

Meanwhile I installed mitmproxy on my box and redirect https traffic to my main computer. Now the OTA data traffic is just returning a "nothing new found" instead of a firmware-download link. But maybe the "mid" (the id of the device on that platform) helps to see if someone has the same device.

Ignore above - was from my s905x-device (happens if you want to do things for two devices). The S812-box has no root which makes it more difficult to play with.

Regarding dtb - I tried to extract the "boot.img" by fetching the newest firmware and extract from there. Now it sounds as if you tell us, this wont help as the u-boot does not support custom dtb.img files on the sdcard? Did I understand that correctly?

Edited once, last by GWR (November 30, 2016 at 8:26 AM).

• After recording of the image on the media, FAT partition, there is a copy of the dtb file. Dtb data from this file are part of the kernel (kernel.img). This dtb file can be used to separate the kernel, the dtb data initramfs. For separate download of elements need to use another script file s805_autoscript. I checked the option in which dtb data are not part of the "kernel.img". In this embodiment, it is easy to replace the dtb data for any need without having to collect a new image. But it has a drawback. U-boot (which is used in all standard firmware platform S8xx) no support for separate load and store the dtb data in the internal memory. This feature (separate storage of the kernel and dtb data in the internal memory) appeared on the platform S9xx. If make the corresponding changes in u-boot, then can use a separate options storage of the kernel and the dtb data to internal memory.

I see... so that's why it was possible to split the dtb.img on S905 devices. In any case, could you compile into the kernel.img the multi-dtb I uploaded (it actually got extracted from the boot.img file)?
    [hr]

This is the correct value, as it should be. A portion of memory to be allocated for the graphics system and it is not displayed in the output.
    Anyway, is it possible that the lower ram in my case is due to the same reason as GWR? (Graphics taking up the ram)

Edited once, last by SnT2k (November 30, 2016 at 8:16 AM).

• Regarding dtb - I tried to extract the "boot.img" by fetching the newest firmware and extract from there. Now it sounds as if you tell us, this wont help as the u-boot does not support custom dtb.img files on the sdcard? Did I understand that correctly?

No, you understood wrong. I wrote that in u-boot s8xx there is no single command that is able to load from the internal memory separately dtb data. On the platform s9xx - dtb data can be used separately, for example to run various systems with external media. For this there is an additional command in u-boot. You can freely use your dtb external SSD for s8xx, if properly prepared - and will use the appropriate commands in the autorun script system (s805_autoscript). The script should be downloaded separately kernel and dtb data, and then call the command by using key, separately indicating the address where you downloaded the kernel and dtb data.

I see... so that's why it was possible to split the dtb.img on S905 devices. In any case, could you compile into the kernel.img the multi-dtb I uploaded (it actually got extracted from the boot.img file)?

Do I understand correctly that You have a dtb file that You want to integrate in the kernel image LE (instead of what is used now) ?
    Or do You want to add Your data to an existing image ?

• Do I understand correctly that You have a dtb file that You want to integrate in the kernel image LE (instead of what is used now) ?
    Or do You want to add Your data to an existing image ?

I initially want the latter, but either works. What's more convenient?

• i have some question because i can not find it i have install 03.12.2016 13:41119.2 MB LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-7.0.2.6-update.zip on a minix 8hplus on sdcard from this post know i have running libreelec very good and fast only i have no more android if i shutdown libreelec i have a black screen and must be connect te power off from my box i can not shutdown the box anymore with remote so my question it ,s it possible to run this libreelec from sdcard so i have multiboot and can switch the power off in android :-/