support for Allo Digione ?

• Hello,

I am in the market for a second RPi Audio HAT, and I'm not that fond of USB in my audio path.

I am reasonably happy with the my RPi3B+Hifyberry Dac+Pro.

I am curious if I will hear a significant sound improvement going to the RPi3B+ and the Allo Digione digital output module.

More importantly for this forum, I am curious if there is good support for this HW combo in LibreELEC ?

I thought that I saw it was official supported when I joined, but was just checking again before pulling the trigger.

Thank You for the help,

Bil

• I don't have an Allo Digione card myself but it should work fine with current LibreELEC versions.

The main difference to the Hifiberry DAC is that it'll allow you to use AC3/DTS passthrough if you connect it to a surround receiver.

The Allo card doesn't seem to have an optical (Toslink) output though. This can be very helpful for fixing ground loop issues - the Hifiberry Digi cards (which are also significantly cheaper than the Allo card) and several others have this feature.

With S/PDIF digital output audio quality will be mainly determined by your receiver / DAC. As this eliminates the analog connection to your receiver / amp and the probably more noisy power supply on the RPi audio quality should be a bit better. As you seem to have been happy with your Hifiberry DAC I wouldn't expect a significant improvement though.

so long,

Hias