Playing 3D iso file, am I getting full 3D?

• Hi everyone.

I have everything set up and running pretty well on my Pi 3B but I’m unsure of one thing

I have enable full HD HDMI modes for stereoscopic 3D but when playing a 3D ISO file, tvservice -s returns the following

Code
    [HDMI CEA (16) 3D T&B RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 60.00Hz, progressive

Does this mean I’m getting full 3D? The T&B seems to be confusing, I assumed I’d get a response similar to this from the Kodi forums:

Code
    state 0x12000a [HDMI CEA (32) 3D FP RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 23.98Hz, progressive  

Am I doing something wrong? I know the iso is the full thing so I’m lost.

Thanks.

• One bit to update, I forced the resolution to 24fps and now I get this:

state 0x12000a [HDMI CEA (32) 3D FP RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 24.00Hz, progressive

But my Pi 3 stutters and is insanely choppy, it’s unwatchable.

I switched to an MKV (1080p, HD audio) and that seems okay but if I switch to a 4K file that’s 1/3 the size of the 3D iso (stored on a samba share) it caused the Pi to hang and simply freeze. Forced me to do a hard reboot as I couldn’t log in via ssh. And another, both to confirm work on my Apple TV 4 (non 4K), cause Kodi to crash. Trying the playback of the 1st movie again runs, but with display corruption. This isn’t absolutely necessary to play them back, but I don’t understand why it doesn’t work

I am running 9.0.1 just for clarification

Edited 3 times, last by andsoitgoes (April 1, 2019 at 5:04 PM).

• Official Post
    Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Thanks so much for the reply, I went back to fps 23 and for whatever reason it's working fine now.

I deeply apologize for wasting everyone's time, but I guess if it takes just making a post to solve the issue, I guess that's something? So.... thanks! And again, sorry..