Kodi Crashes after Next-PVR installation

• Hi everyone,

since I have upgraded to 9.0.(1), Kodi crashes and has issues with the NextPVR addon.

Upon installing the addon Kodi reboots, repeats several times and then starts-up in a safe mode. After another reboot I get the message that the PVR addon failed to load.

I have attached the crash log. Basically the addon tries to contact localhost (which is the default setting and I am not able to change since it instantly crashes after installation...) and get´s an error in return, which is logic since the PVR is set up on another device.

Any clues? Thanks!

Errors:

ERROR: DBus error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files

ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7)

2019-03-26 21:21:54.658 T:139990061168384 ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for service?method=session.initiate&ver=1.0&device=xbmc:

2019-03-26 21:21:54.658 T:139990061168384 ERROR: ADDON: Dll NextPVR PVR Client - Client returned bad status (1) from Create and is not usable

• But also an LE specific problem according to the addon author. I´ve posted all debug logs in the NextPVR forums.

Changing the IP of the addon did not result in any improvements, also switching the Backend server off makes no difference.

Edited once, last by grouper (March 28, 2019 at 9:29 AM).

• Write on the thread that in constructor cPVRClientNextPVR there should be CreateThread() without false argument.

Then addon starts without Kodi crashing.

You can try Generic x86_64 version with this change: pvr.nextpvr-3.3.13.3.zip

• Tell Martin that delay with sleep() was just to show that thread was not created yet when it was destroyed. Removing false argument will fix the issue.

When there is no server there is almost no delay.

• Thanks for that vpeter I will make the change to take out the false. Unfortunately my Chromebox doesn't suffer from this problem and I am surprised that after several years the problem is just coming up now. In any case it makes sense.

I do have a question for you I installed libreelec from git and build 3.3.13 ok but I want to to update the source and built 3.3.14 for grouper Do you know how I do that in LE? I can do in in linux, android and Windows easily enough but the packaging here is slightly different.

Thanks again.

Martin

• In file packages/mediacenter/kodi-binary-addons/pvr.nextpvr/package.mk replace

Code
    PKG_VERSION="d6bf9a3b4bf22702f907d00adb8618af161e1f23"
    PKG_SHA256="07b065a72f316ee0721513c11a045a36ece44c8a1adc13d6f20cd4592ed630b8"
    PKG_REV="4"

build addon

Code
    PROJECT=.. ARCH=... ./scripts/clean pvr.nextpvr
    PROJECT=.. ARCH=... ./scripts/create_addon pvr.nextpvr
  • Just open file packages/mediacenter/kodi-binary-addons/pvr.nextpvr/package.mk in LibreELEC folder and change three lines I mentioned above.

Version d6bf9a3b4bf22702f907d00adb8618af161e1f23 is from git and no tag is needed.

And Welcome here Martin :)

• So do I have to upload my current changes to my personal git and draw it from there? There is no way to do this with local source perhaps modify

PKG_SITE="file://..."

Martin

• You can change in file distributions/LibreELEC/options

Code
    GET_HANDLER_SUPPORT="archive file"

and then in package.mk use

Code
    PKG_URL="file://pvr.nextpvr-some-version.tar.gz"

and copy this file to LIbreELEC root folder and this one will be used.

• Ok seems just as easy to put it on github. Do I have to worry about the sha256 if it is using the commit number? I calculated it anyway and tried and do get a zip file but I also see this

UNKNOWN BUILD FAILURE OR INABILITY TO GENERATE PLAN

Any suggestions on that one?

Thanks a lot for all your help

Martin

Edited once, last by emveepee (March 28, 2019 at 6:46 PM).