RPI 3b+ with usb boot

• Ever since i got RPI 3 B+ i noticed micro video playback stutters, especially on interlaced videos (DVB T2).

My RPI 2 didn't have those stutters , but i waited for LE 9.X cause i assumed RPI 3B+ was not really tested on version 8.2.X.

After a lot of testing , i found the problem.

When i am doing USB boot i get those stutters , when booting from SD card the stutters are gone.

Using exactly same setup (full LE backup and restore)

I found some posts about the gigabit port of RPI 3b may causing issue , so i also tried reducing the speed via the switch or LE settings to 100mbit.

Also tried playing test videos local storage instead of SMB share .

Nothing helped except boot from SD card.

Is this a known problem ?

any work around ?

any idea what else to try ?

Thanks in advance

• Thanks for answering.

I know that the gigabit port is USB 2 based , which means it wont get full gigabit speeds.

I already ruled out the network as being the issue since i tried :

1.Reducing the speed to 100mbit.

2.playing test files locally.

I narrowed the problem to booting via USB device, same config booting from SD card works just fine.

• It's time to see a detailed / debug enabled kodi.log , I guess.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • The debug logs are the first place i looked to debug the problem, i didn't find any clues there.

I will try again and post the logs as soon as i can.

Thanks.

• Apparently our forum rules were not fully clear to you. Let me reiterate those rules that are most applicable at the moment:

Piracy Policy

• Discussions regarding the piracy or theft of copyrighted materials will not be tolerated
    • Forum staff and users will refuse support to other users who have piracy add-ons installed
    • LibreELEC references the Kodi team list of piracy repositories and add-ons

So, you can either come back to use with a fully clean setup of Kodi if the stutter problem is still present, or you can find your support elsewhere. Presumably at the location that you downloaded your add-ons from. For now, support to you simply stops right here.