LibreELEC Leia on Rock64 issues with widevine library

• Hi All,

I have just done a clean install of the latest version of Libre for the Rock64 board, and it works mostly great, except for a couple of issues.

1. I have installed the Netflix plugin, but when it tries to install widevine it downloads the huge 2G chromium image but when it tries to extract, either says there is no room or it crashes.

I have installed to a 16G eMMC card, and there is heaps free >13G

2. I notice the GUI is at the full 4K resolution of my screen, but when I play 1080P movies or any other resolution, the screen changes to that resolution rather than kodi scaling to 4K, is that normal behavior? ... I am used to my Nvidia Shield which does scale to 4K ...

Any idea's to resolve would be great ..

Many Thanks,

Bernie

• You need to share a debug logfile for us to see what the issue with decompressing widevine is (hopefully something is logged). The resolution switch is normal. It can be changed if you remove the 1080p modes from the whitelist. Kodi will then remain at 4K and will scale lower resolution media to 4K at matching refresh rates. This takes some compute power and most TV's do a better job of scaling 1080p to 4K than Kodi can, so the default behaviour of playing media at its native resolution usually gives the best result.

• I repeated and got a smaller log file:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• These are the logs I get, which one should I try to paste?

Code
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root        1.0K Mar 24 20:10 archive_cache
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root      951.8K Mar 24 20:17 kodi.log
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root      948.0K Mar 24 20:09 kodi.old.log
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          32 Mar 24 20:04 kodi_crash.log -> kodi_crashlog_20190324200428.log
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root       35.4K Mar 24 19:59 kodi_crashlog_20190324195912.log
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root        1.3M Mar 24 20:04 kodi_crashlog_20190324200428.log
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root        1.0K Jan 21  2016 temp
  • chewitt

Thanks. However I recreated a new log by re-trying the widevine install, and this time it actually completed. Crazy ..

I do notice though, that playback is terrible, jerky and only 11FPS and 240%CPU (out of 400%)

Any idea's on that? ... normal 1080P plays at 30FPS and the gui at 4K is the same ..

Cheers

• I'm not sure that is correct. The problem seems to be Netflix only. I have a local TV station TvOnDemand which uses libwidevine and it has no problem even with 1080p ..

• chewitt

Thanks. However I recreated a new log by re-trying the widevine install, and this time it actually completed. Crazy ..

I do notice though, that playback is terrible, jerky and only 11FPS and 240%CPU (out of 400%)

Any idea's on that? ... normal 1080P plays at 30FPS and the gui at 4K is the same ..

Cheers

You have to build your own LibreELEC image with Widevine software decoding support for Rockchip.

The nightly images are not optimized and won't work properly for such content.

See the RK3328 images I made with extra patches for 720p Netflix.