LibreELEC Leia on Rock64 issues with widevine library

• I am still confused: Two points.

1. There is a kodi video test addon that tests widevine, it runs perfectly happy at 1080p.

2. In our country (NZ) we have TVNZOndemand plugin that uses widevine (won't run without) and it plays 1080p content also.

(TVNZ OnDemand KODI Add-on)

Note: I have installed Netfix & it's version of widevine, before using it on tvnz-ondemand ..

So why is the issue just Netflix.

Edited once, last by bmentink (March 26, 2019 at 2:27 AM).

• You can try to substitute your dtb file from current image into this by editing the extlinux.conf file and see if it works.

feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328

Some Widevine addons you mention access hardware decoding with Widevine since they have direct access to streams but Netflix and Amazon Prime use a much more secure method that can only be software decoded, this causes the slow down.

For this you can only play 720p smoothly for those 2 addons with a RK3328 device.

Only RK3399 can play 1080p for those 2 addons.

• It's really quite simple: inputstream.adaptive can leverage the widevine libs if present. On Android where some devices have L1 certificates this allows full hardware decoding of the stream. On Linux there are no open devices with L1 widevine support so inputstream.adaptive pretends to be a web browser with an L3 certificate that most content providers allow up to 1080p streams for. Some providers allow up to 720p streams. Some providers encrypt both video and audio (Netflix is one) while others only encrypt video which results in a lower decryption load; and on low-spec hardware this can be the difference between coping and not-coping with 1080p.

• You can try to substitute your dtb file from current image into this by editing the extlinux.conf file and see if it works.

feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328

Thanks, can you remind me what the "mount" options are to mount the image on the loopback device, so I can insert the dtb file ...

Cheers

EDIT: Nevermind, worked it out.

sudo mount -o loop,offset=$((512*32768)) -t vfat LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.1-devel-20190310125641-e738c7b-box-trn9-trn9-24K.img /mnt

Edited once, last by bmentink (March 26, 2019 at 7:12 PM).

• mo123

I tried your image with the official .dtb file and it booted up fine, I installed the Netfix plugin nad had similar issues to the official build, just worse.

When it tries to download the Chromium image to extract libwidevine it starts, get's a little way, then crashes ... I tried about 10 times, just won't complete ..

I am about to give up, just takes too long to sort out .. maybe I will wait until Rock64 image is more stable ..

• mo123

I tried your image with the official .dtb file and it booted up fine, I installed the Netfix plugin nad had similar issues to the official build, just worse.

When it tries to download the Chromium image to extract libwidevine it starts, get's a little way, then crashes ... I tried about 10 times, just won't complete ..

I am about to give up, just takes too long to sort out .. maybe I will wait until Rock64 image is more stable ..

The Chrome image downloads fine for me but takes a while.

Someone must really make a small addon that just downloads the Widevine DRM files and not a whole Chrome image.

• mo123

Hey I tried the latest release one from here: GitHub - CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix: Inputstream based Netflix plugin for Kodi

.. and it now works great, even 1080p is watchable (very slight micro pauses), it uses 180% CPU (of my 400%)

I am not sure why that did not work for you ..

I will need a heatsink for my board though, as I am getting the board stopping after some time of playing, I have the Al case arriving with the built in heat pipe ... that should do it ..