Newby

• Been using Libreelec/Kodi for a long time but forget how I did it the first time. I have been reading/trying for past 3 days but still stuck.

When I try to upgrade it says Fat is too small. How do I increase Fat. Remember I'm old, and not too bright.

Simple instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Ralph

• Simple instructions would be greatly appreciated.

This all depends on what device you have LibreELEC installed. Most devices use SD cards these days, the generic PC builds of course use harddisks or SSDs.

- Make backup of your current setup via the built-in Backup/Restore tool. Put backup file in a safe external location.

- Install LibreELEC 9.0.1 fresh onto the SD card

- Choose to either create a new setup, or restore the old backup. Depending on how old your previous Kodi/LibreELEC setup was, this might give problems. Also, the latest LibreELEC/Kodi version uses a newer database version... Starting fresh is recommended I'd say.

• Gooid day Klojum, and thanks for your reply.

Here is what I do on a Generic box.

Format usb as fat32/8192 bytes/name is LIBREELEC

Use Libreelec usb creator

Version is Generic AMD

Save Libreelec v 9.01 to a folder

Select the file

select USB (Drive d:)

Write

Put USB memory into BOX USB slot

Turn on Box

Watch screen carefully an eventually it will say sorry fat too small. must be greater tham 512.

And thats it. It did not update.

ALSO

I can go to Kodi then Libreelec Configuration/system/updates/automatic updates/manual

then update channel which says it has version 9.01/ then available versions/ select 9.01/install

NOTHING. still on old software

Does that help at all??

Ralph

• Watch screen carefully an eventually it will say sorry fat too small. must be greater than 512.

As far as I know, LibreELEC still works fine with a 512MB system partition. Also on Generic.

Perhaps you are trying to install or upgrade with a different LibreELEC community build with extra features?!?

What is the version of the current installed old LibreELEC?

• Current Libreelec is 8.2.5 (Kernel: Linux 4.11.12)

Kodi 17.6 (git:a9a7a20)

Trying to upgrade to Leia 18.1

Currently running Leia 18.1 on 4 Amazon Firesticks, 2 Win10 Computers ann 1 Win10 Laptop.

All work OK.

Ralph

• Thank you blueribb for your reply. I read the info and it was interesting. It appears I have to reinstall all the software, but so far no one has offered step by step instructions. As I originally stated I'm old and not too bright, and I just keep getting into this deeper and causing more problems.

Is there a step instruction any where that you know of. I have looked for days but no luck so far.

Also how do I increase the system partition size as required >512.

Ralph

• Ralph, it may be helpful if you mention your hardware and network setup. Are you still running Libreelec 8.2.5 ? If so, have you tried to update using the built-in updater ?

• I am running a brand x box that calls itself the greenest computer on earth. Have had it for a fews years and it has run Kodi flawlessly

Xcy Mini Pc Intel Core I7 4500u 8gb Ram 240g Ssd Dual Lan Gaming Pc 300m Wifi Rs232 Computer - Buy Xcy Mini Pc Computador 4gen Core I7 4500u 4g Ram 32g Hard Disk With 300m Wifi Windows10,Xcy Fanless Industrial Mini Computer Intel Core I7 4500u Dual Lan Mini Pc 6*rs232/485 8*usb,Xcy Fanless Pc Core I7 4500u Dual Lan Dual Rs232 8g Memory 64g Hard Disk With 300m Wifi Product on Alibaba.com

The best I can do is send you this page link. No details anywhere on computer.

Still running 8.2.5. Built in updater does work but it will not complete the job because it insists it needs a larger system partition size >512

I can get into libreelec using PuTTY but don't have any idea how to perform partition size. Have read every Libreelec and Linux manual I can find but still not a clue what to do.

Almost to the point of giving up but that is USUALLY not an option with me. Never learn if you don't try.

Ralph

• You need to download & install the installer from LibreELEC Downloads – LibreELEC

on the same page download the generic image, Leia, *.img.gz

Use the creator to burn to a usb stick.

Insert usb, boot from it, then choose which hard drive/ or second usb you want to install it too

It will tell you to remove the installer usb, then on reboot, it should reboot to the drive you installed too

Follow the wizard, for the initial install, use a usb keyboard or remote

• Problem solved.

First, thank you to all who helped with excellent ideas.

Second, I have no idea how I fixed it. For 4 days (and nights) I tried everything I could think of as well as all your suggestions. Last night as I was trying again (same old ideas)....it worked!!!!!

So, as mentioned I have no idea what was done different, but it finally caught and I'm a happy camper again.

Thanks, Ralph