Annoying Stall: LibreELEC 9.0.1 on Wetek Hub

• OK... I've done a bunch of research and found a ton of "solutions" but none have worked. Basically, it seems to be streaming issue from my local server. If I load a media file to a local USB key, no issues. If I play over my network, the playback seems to stall after 2-3mins.

The server is Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and the shares tried are both SMB and NFS. The LibreELEC install on the Wetek Hub has been tried wired and wireless.... If I copy large files from the server to another local device, there are no throughput issues that I can see...

But, when streaming server to LibreELEC, there is a big pause on the network activity (seen on server side) and the video playback stalls. seems the stall is coming from the LibreELEC side but I'm not 100% sure. See log snip below. Happy to post more.

2019-03-11 19:25:39.370 T:3623871344 NOTICE: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled

2019-03-11 19:26:01.213 T:3688764272 ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 110, Connection timed out )

Thoughts on low hanging fruit that I've missed or next steps? I should mention that I've had this server running and streaming media for years... something has changed. I first suspected a badly encoded file but something else is clearly up.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

/shrug

• Strange... I've used a Wetek HUB from its beginning, and I use a Ubuntu from 10.04 on with NFS as servers for years. I've never seen big pauses like that. Perhaps your file server has hiccups after a bad update? I take it you use your Wetek HUB via an ethernet cable and not wifi?

Also we're never happy with only 2 lines of the log file, we need the full picture for decent trouble shooting. so always provide the complete log file via a pastebin website.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link