Posts by kartman

OK... I've done a bunch of research and found a ton of "solutions" but none have worked. Basically, it seems to be streaming issue from my local server. If I load a media file to a local USB key, no issues. If I play over my network, the playback seems to stall after 2-3mins.

The server is Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and the shares tried are both SMB and NFS. The LibreELEC install on the Wetek Hub has been tried wired and wireless.... If I copy large files from the server to another local device, there are no throughput issues that I can see...

But, when streaming server to LibreELEC, there is a big pause on the network activity (seen on server side) and the video playback stalls. seems the stall is coming from the LibreELEC side but I'm not 100% sure. See log snip below. Happy to post more.

2019-03-11 19:25:39.370 T:3623871344 NOTICE: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled

2019-03-11 19:26:01.213 T:3688764272 ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 110, Connection timed out )

Thoughts on low hanging fruit that I've missed or next steps? I should mention that I've had this server running and streaming media for years... something has changed. I first suspected a badly encoded file but something else is clearly up.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

/shrug

Well it is time to move to different hardware. Matricom seems to be dead. Having said that there are builds that work quite well on these boxes. Use the s8x2 arm M8 build from Demetris for the Q. For the Q2 you need to use the Balbes build from this thread. The Q2 uses the BCM wifi chip which is not in Demetris's build but I am hopeful he will have it for the LE 8.2 release.

Thanks for the guidance... I'm going to try to improve the thermal performance on my Q to see if that stops the weird freezes and lockups. I'll install the v8.0.2 s8x2.ARM.M8 build, as recommended. One question... I think I tried this build already and I found that the RAR/Split files on my shared media drive were not being interpreted correctly by Kodi... instead of appearing in the browser as one big media file, it was showing on small RAR and wouldn't play correctly. This surprised me a bit as Kodi has been processing RARs correctly forever.

What version of LE were you recommending? Latest or something older in the v7.x.x vintage?

Cheers.

OK.... I have a G-Box Q (S802) and Q2 (S812)... I've tried to read through as much of this thread as I could too. These devices were working very well until a few months ago. Matricom updated their Android OS and Kodi moved on to V17.x and then everything went to crap. Suddenly, I was getting hangs, audio playing while the video froze, and the wife is bitching because the world isn't "easy"...

No problem. I don't need full Android anyway... So I tried to move to OpenELEC/LibreELEC. I loaded the S8x2_8.0.2b_M8 build by Demetris today and I also tried the "G- BOX" build I found in this thread too. Loading was no problem but my issues continue. I got one lockup but I also found that Kodi 17.3 under one of the 8.0.2 builds didn't process an SMB directory with RAR split video correctly. THoughts here?

Before I go skeet shooting with one or both of these boxes, can I get some input on builds that might be stable and working well for others and where to find them? Am I just using a poor Matricom product and it's time to move to different hardware?

Many thanks in advance.

This is so newbie but I'm struggling to find the right LibreELEC file to put on my Q (M8) and Q2 (M8S)... I tried to put and IMG onto an SD and use the toothpick method but I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing.

Just a quick pointer to some instructions would be great. I'm coming from Matricom stock ROMs on both boxes.

Hey, community... very sorry for being a newbie. I own Matricom Q and Q2 devices and I want to move to the latest LibreELEC v8.0.2 build from the stock Matricom. I've flashed some older OpenELEC builds before so I know the basic procedure. Can I just get a bit of help to identify the correct images for my devices? I really don't want to mistakenly brick one.

For the g-box Q: I need <correct_image>.zip, recovery.img, and factory_update_param.aml

For the q-box Q2: I need <correct_image>.zip, recovery.img, and factory_update_param.aml

Does this sound right?