VDR streaming confusion

• Hi,

I'm currrently using a Raspberry Pi 3b with TV HAT as the primary source for DVB, with VDR VNSI Client and VDR PVR Backend.

This is connected to my home wifi to a Pi 3b+ and a Pi Zero W.

The 3b+ also acts as a hub for music and movies, the Zero W is only used to receive the DVB and streamed movies and is attached to a tv.

3b+ receives the DVB stream and plays TV Channesl without any issues, however while the Zero W can play streamed movies just fine, it only plays the DVB stream audio without the video.

When clicking on the settings icon during the TV program it only provides options for Fan Art etc, rather than Video settings.

I've gone throught the settings but I'm at a loss.

Can anyone suggest a way forward?

Cheers

• Official Post

This sounds suspiciously like a MPEG-2 license issue. However before you rush out and buy a license, check the codec of your DVB files - probably called <something>.ts (if .mpg then that is probably your issue). Check to see if there are any options for MPEG-TS in VDR - it's what I use in TVH.

• This sounds suspiciously like a MPEG-2 license issue. However before you rush out and buy a license, check the codec of your DVB files - probably called <something>.ts (if .mpg then that is probably your issue). Check to see if there are any options for MPEG-TS in VDR - it's what I use in TVH.

Morning, how do I go about checking?

I'm an absolute amateur when it comes to this but I'm happy to learn.

Thank you

• Official Post

Well I've played around with a variety of MPEG files (and DVD) on an old RPi1 with 8.2.5 & 9.0.1 and they all play fine. So that can't be the issue.

Can you upload a snippet of an offending file (if legal).

Also on the RPi0 after trying to play the file.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Thank you.

I've dived a little deeper and it does seem that it is a Mpeg2 issue.

Ah well it streams local movies and IPTV surprisingly well, so I'll settle for that.

It's just a shame that my Samsung TV is now showing signs of purple patches across the display.

Thanks for your help. I know what to look for future issues.