Browse for subtitle.

• Official Post

Ehm... There is no Windows version of LibreELEC.

Also, naming your subtitles correctly will make Kodi pick up the correct subtitle automatically.

That doesn't mean that the Browse for subtitle should freeze Kodi.

Where are your subtitles located, if not next the video you are playing?

• I have download a windows version from downloads – LibreELEC

My subtitles (same name as the video) are in the same folder as the video I'm playing. But this is not the issue.

When streaming a movie, I can download a subtitle from opensubtitles.org. But when I want to use my own subtitle, I want to select this subtitle via the option "Browse for subtitle". When I pick this option the program freezes. (in windows but also in my raspberry PI)

• I have download a windows version from downloads – LibreELEC

That is only the LibreELEC USB/SD installer, which has nothing to do with subtitles.

The only version of LibreELEC for a PC device is the Generic build.

The LibreELEC Generic build itself runs on Linux. It is not a windows application.

My subtitles (same name as the video) are in the same folder as the video I'm playing. But this is not the issue.

If you already have a subtitle with the same name as the video it should be picked up by Kodi. If there is more than one subtitle (external or internal), you can select the correct one via the Subtitles OSD. Not via "Browse for subtitle", that is something different.

Selecting your own subtitle via "Browse for subtitle" should not freeze Kodi. Just exactly at what point does Kodi freeze?

- Opening the subtitle window

- Pressing the Browse button

- Selecting/opening your subtitle file

- Back in the video with the newly selected subtitle

• mm sounds familiar to me

If i play a blu-ray or dvd and want to select a external subtitle through browse for subtitle this works but is very slow.

In kodi 17.6 (windows) this was very fast.

I'll try to get a log in a few days