ffmpeg codecs

• Hello everybody,

Im running LibreELEC in a mini PC with Generic x86 version and I would like to use some functions available on ffmpeg like record games.

But there is not much choice of encoders.

Is it possible in a simple way without creating a build environment, to add more codecs/encoders than those available with the ffmpeg-tools add-on.

Thanks for future answers.

• First of all, thanks for this quick answer.

I don't think there is a real interest to do that. It is rather a specific use-case.

I will surely create a build server in a virtual machine as stated in the Compile guide.

After setting up my build environment, I only need to follow the "Compile Add-ons" section?

• I would like to see ffplay working as it is disabled as currently installed. One night even want to be able to set it as an external Player???

FFMPEG is the ony thing I can find on linux that will display a video waveform , and this is a very handy tool, and necessary that one can check sources/streams this way especially for those authoring content. IMHO this is one thing that Kodi lacks and needs.

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/waveformmonitor

another use case may be that someone wants to capture a single stream like security camera . It is logical to do this on the same LE where it would be viewed. I have been looking to see if there was such an addon but ffmpeg seems to be the only option