Is there a Windows installer for LE x86?

• This is not a feature request, just for my information ! :cool:

Does the LE x86 version need a live USB/HDD partition, or does it have a Windows installer too? For example Phoenix OS has a Windows installer whereby you can install on Windows, then click on icon to reboot into Phoenix OS.

Don't think there is a Windows installer, but confirming.

Btw, can I get a link to LE x86 and what is latest version/doc?

• Official Post

LE requires two partitions and (once you create the installer USB using our USB/SD Creator app) the install process is designed for single-use HTPC devices and it does not support dual/multi boot arrangements. In other words, if you keep pressing "okay" to get past the multiple "this will erase the contents of your disk" warning messages; it will nuke your Windows install. We have no desire to support dual-boot or single partition installs.

downloads – LibreELEC

• LE requires two partitions and (once you create the installer USB using our USB/SD Creator app) the install process is designed for single-use HTPC devices and it does not support dual/multi boot arrangements. In other words, if you keep pressing "okay" to get past the multiple "this will erase the contents of your disk" warning messages; it will nuke your Windows install. We have no desire to support dual-boot or single partition installs.

downloads – LibreELEC

Ok so there is *no* Rufus like live USB mode for x86 PCs as for S905 TV boxes via USB/SD card?

• Official Post

The x86_64 image has "boot" and "run" options in addition to the default "installer" mode. I forget which is which, but one is a persistent "Live USB" mode and the other is the same but non-persistent. Hit tab at the syslinux prompt (instruction text is on-screen, but not for long before the installer starts).

• The x86_64 image has "boot" and "run" options in addition to the default "installer" mode. I forget which is which, but one is a persistent "Live USB" mode and the other is the same but non-persistent. Hit tab at the syslinux prompt (instruction text is on-screen, but not for long before the installer starts).

Ok thanks again for explaining live USB mode !

I do get answers at this forum:P