Creating Custom Video Window

• Hi everyone,

I would like creating custom window for a my media contents (like modified video panel). I copy MyVideoNav.xml However, only the blank page open.

I'm using skin.mimic and created custom_1100_videopanel.xml in "/storage/.kodi/addons/skin.mimic/1080i/"

What commands should we use to be like a video panel?

Best Regards

Ali

• I'm not aware of any skins supporting custom_ prefixes, but then I don't follow skin development so it might be possible. However, you need to clone and then rename the skin, e.g. create mimic-mod, else any updates to mimic will overwrite your changes. Since you now have a custom skin, it would be easier to edit the normal .xml file. You will need to reload the skin (via kodi-send commands) or restart Kodi to see any changes.

• I examined HOW-TO:Add a new window or dialog via skinning - Official Kodi Wiki for the custom_ prefix.

I'm gonna clone the skin later.

Yes. I using "systemctl restart kodi" command after each change.

I'm using "ActivateWindow(10025,plugin://my.video.plugin)" command is run normaly in the default video windows.

I would like to open the custom video window using the command "ActivateWindow (1100, plugin: //my.video.plugin)".

I added my custom xml file in to <window id="1100"> header and copy full content of default video window file (MyVideoNav.xml 10025) but when I call 1100 goes to the empty window.