Strange green bottom horizontal line appears when playing MKV movies

• Hi,

My setup: LibreElec 8.x (Generic) with Kodi 17.6.

Problem:

I have a weird visual display issue when playing an .MKV movie files: on the bottom of the video there's a thin (say 1-2 pixels on height) full screen width green horizontal line constantly visible when playing an MKV in Kodi. Notice: The green line ain't visible when I play the same MKV e.g. in VLC on my Windows laptop. What could cause such a strange and visually disturbing effect?

The video sources are a blu-ray/dvd's (display ratio 2.39:1 / 16x9) > produced an MKV with MakeMKV (latest; no green line visible) and encoded with HandBrake (latest; no green line visible on VLC/Windows).

Seems that the "green line effect" appears in all (well 90%) of my existing MKV's when I start playing. My LE / Kodi software hasn't changed, but some HW has changed: TV (Sony XF9005) and A/V receiver (Yamaha RX-v685). Could it have something to do with in LE/Kodi:

- video player accelerators?

- refresh rate (currently 60hz)?

- something else?

I'm very confused where to start looking for fix - help highly appreciated :)

//timo

• No need for 'help' in your forum thread title. It's not really helpful. We try to help everyone with LibreELEC-related issues.

As far as your LibreELEC device goes:

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • In short:

- the bottom green line does NOT appear when playing the MKV in VLC (latest official release) on Windows 10

- the bottom green line APPEARS when playing the MKV in LE 8.x / Kodi 17.6 (no changes in LE / Kodi environment)

I am all "?????" what could cause this.

Could it have something (what?) to do with Kodi/LE display settings (frequency?) or something?

//timo

Edited once, last by tjsuominen (March 4, 2019 at 8:00 AM).