Changing DVB-T to T2 on LibreElec/Raspberry: video freezes

• Introduction

My name is Ron. I am from the Netherlands. I use LibreElec for a few years now with pleasure.

Situation

Libreelec 8.2.5 on Raspberry PI3 B

KODI 17.6

DVBlink PVR client; DVBlink Server on NAS Synology

Provider: Digitenne free to air stations in the Netherlands

What happenend

Digitenne migrated from DVB-T to DVB-T2 HEVC. Which means changing to HD quality.

When recorded the files have:

– type MPEG-TS

– Video: 1920x1080 (was 704x576)

– Video: Overall bit rate 3297 kbps (was 15000)

– Video: 50 frames/sec (was 25)

From that moment, febr 12 2019, watching PVR stations and recordings wasn’t possible anymore.

Result

Watching PVR channel via Libreelec: after a few seconds the image freezes for 5 to 10 seconds. Then a black screen and Kodi restarts. In a rare case the program continues but the screen is stuttering.

When viewing recorded program:: the same happens

What dit I do

Watching PVR channels via DVBlink Viewer on PC with Windows10 works fine. No problem at all. So DVBlink Server on NAS works OK.

Google search on the problem:

I changed buffering on Libreelec, directory userdata, advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>

<cache>

<buffermode>1</buffermode>

<memorysize>157286400</memorysize>

<readfactor>2</readfactor>

</cache>

</advancedsettings>

Size of buffer doesn’t solve the problem.

Next I changed: Adjust display refresh rate is “always”. This doesn’t solve the problem.

I overclocked the Raspberry. This doesn’t solve the problem.

I hope someone can help me with this problem

Logfile

Link to logfile

• 8.2 is heavily outdated, pls use 9.0 and try again

Thanks for your reply. I updated to 9.0 (why didn't I think of it before?). But then I got the message: TVMosaic/DVBLink PVR Client is not working on KODI 18. I removed the AddOn and installed again. But I couldn't install it again.Error.

So what to do now. Back to 8.2.5 and solve the original problem. Or is it possible to get DVBlink PVR working on KODI 18.
    I tested recorded programs from DVBlink server on NAS. On KODI 18 it is doing fine! So that is an improvement.

Finally I got live watching working. I don't know exactly what happened, but at some point the PVR client of TVMosaic/DVBlink was installed. I had to configure it again and after that it worked.

Thanks for the help and suggestion.

Edited 4 times, last by Ron M (February 22, 2019 at 9:35 PM).

• Overclocking is fine, I tried, but was not necessary.

After the video issue was solved I had troubles with Radio channels. There was no sound. Sometimes it worked, but most of the times it didn't work. After I deactivated "RDS information" the radio-channels were OK. I don't understand why?

It left me with one last problem. The EPG-information is correct, until I choose a channel. In the "play-screen" EPG information of about 17 hours later is shown. This is not nice, but I could eventually live with that. But I also have LibreElec on Raspberry 2 plus. On this hardware I got it al working too. And on this platform the EPG-information is also about 17 hours ahead. Strange.

Does anyone have a clou?

• After I deactivated "RDS information" the radio-channels were OK

That's what I thought. But not tested enough. It still doesn't work.

So: why are my TV-channels OK and I only sometimes get a good Radio Channel.

Log file

Edited once, last by Ron M: Added logfile of Radio Channels not working (February 26, 2019 at 9:17 AM).