How can I install Subliminal (search engine for subtitles)?

• I install repository. Can you help me how to do this? Iridium

Code
    docker build --build-arg subliminal_version=$subliminal_version -t rpi-subliminal

Apparently this is no needed.

I try download a subtitle this way

var/media/Seagate Backup Plus/Kodi/Filmes/Creed (2015) # docker run --rm --name subliminal -v subliminal_cache:/usr/src/cache -it dtroncy/rpi-subliminal download -l en Creed\ \(2015\)\ Bluray-1080p.mkv

and this happened

Code
    Collecting videos  [####################################]  100%  Creed (2015) BlCollecting videos  [####################################]  100%                               
    1 video collected / 0 video ignored / 0 error
    Downloading subtitles  [####################################]  100%  Creed (2015Downloading subtitles  [####################################]  100%                               
    Some providers have been discarded due to unexpected errors: opensubtitles, legendastv
    Downloaded 1 subtitle

But no subtitles appeared in the folder ?(

Yeah, the project is old :(

Anyway thanks for the help :)

• Yeah! It work!

But I can't logged in to the providers. I did this:

Code
    docker run --rm --name subliminal -v subliminal_cache:/usr/src/cache -v /var/media/Seagate\ Backup\ Plus/Kodi:/var/media/Seagate\ Backup\ Plus/Kodi/ -it dtroncy/rpi-subliminal --legendastv username password download -l pt-BR -p legendastv -a 1w /var/media/Seagate\ Backup\ Plus/Kodi/

But it show Some providers have been discarded due to unexpected errors: legendastv

The same with opensubtitles.

This is sad ?(

However, it's not too reliable. Sometimes it will download a srt file, other times, it say's it has but nothing is there.

• Will the Kodi addons legandastv and opensubtitles do what you want?

Yeah, but not in automatically way!

My plan is use this command with cron

docker run --rm --name subliminal -v subliminal_cache:/usr/src/cache -v /var/media/Seagate\ Backup\ Plus/Kodi:/var/media/Seagate\ Backup\ Plus/Kodi/ -it dtroncy/rpi-subliminal --legendastv username password download -l pt-BR -p legendastv -a 1w /var/media/Seagate\ Backup\ Plus/Kodi/

• This might help. If it was fixed in 2018 - the docker file is therefore out of date and will probably not work.

I ask there for help too. This is the issue page: How make Subliminal work on docker? · Issue #954 · Diaoul/subliminal · GitHub

I will put this thread like solved, as I asked here help for install it, and this I did it! On official git still having commits, maybe I make it work yet!

Thank you very much Iridium for the help :)

• I think you can help with this Iridium

Seeing debugs of subliminal show this

Code
    raise RarCannotExec("Unrar not installed? (rarfile.UNRAR_TOOL=%r)" % UNRAR_TOOL)
    RarCannotExec: Unrar not installed? (rarfile.UNRAR_TOOL='unrar')

Full debug here:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I installed System Tolls addon like I saw here, but the same still happen after, you know why?

How can I verify unrar installed version?

• I think you can help with this Iridium

Seeing debugs of subliminal show this

Code
    raise RarCannotExec("Unrar not installed? (rarfile.UNRAR_TOOL=%r)" % UNRAR_TOOL)
    RarCannotExec: Unrar not installed? (rarfile.UNRAR_TOOL='unrar')

Full debug here:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I installed System Tolls addon like I saw here, but the same still happen after, you know why?

How can I verify unrar installed version?

It seems that this is not the problem. He said this

is because `unrar` is not installed in the docker image as well

Sorry!

• I've noticed that the filename mentioned in "download -l en Creed\ \(2015\)\ Bluray-1080p.mkv" has to exist in the directory that you are running the docker command from, otherwise it will say it has downloaded a subtitle but doesn't.

I've created a slight copy, "docker pull iridium748/rpi3-subliminal" which should have unrar installed but I still get the errors on opensubtitles, legendastv. However it does seem to download subtitles now.

Also for all videos in the folder, you can omit the filename and just use "download -l en /tvshows/"

So

docker run --rm --name subliminal -v subliminal_cache:/usr/src/cache -v <Location of video files>:/tvshows -it iridium748/rpi3-subliminal download -l en /tvshows/

• I've noticed that the filename mentioned in "download -l en Creed\ \(2015\)\ Bluray-1080p.mkv"

Yeah, I know this! I was using this directory because for test I just download one subtitles, and not all.

And this is working, what is not working is just opensubtitles and legendastv. I'm brazilian and I prefer the subtitles of legendastv.

I test your docker pull iridium748/rpi3-subliminal and for legendastv is working!

This is my command in cron

Code
    0 */6 * * * docker run --rm --name subliminal -v subliminal_cache:/usr/src/cache -v /var/media:/var/media -it iridium748/rpi3-subliminal --legendastv username password download -p legendastv -l pt-BR -a 1w /var/media/Seagate\ Backup\ Plus/Kodi/

Opensubtitles don't work because

error is related to SSL (https connection), most likely the docker image has no certificates at all, and can't validate any SSL connections.

But legendastv was because it had no unrar and you put it on. Thank you! :)

Do you know how to put SSL certificates on it?

Edited once, last by edjalmo (February 25, 2019 at 4:30 PM).