Adding Steamlink to v9.0.0

• I know this has been asked before, but it's been a few months so... any update on a workaround for the raspberry pi 4? I am pretty happy since I ditched raspbian in favor of LibreELEC, but having steamplay working on the Pi was pretty neat.

Is dual booting raspbian/libreelec my only option here? I had a look and it seems like a PITA to get dual boot working on the Pi. Any suggestions?

• Haven't posted an update in a while and since the old script/libs are now outdated, here's the updated ones.

missing files in /lib - https://www.mediafire.com/file/bkm4158hc…225.tar.gz/file

steamlink.sh -

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this is for rpi3 and (currently) libreelec 9.2.8. everything else previously in this thread is the same. enjoy.

• Hello,

Thank you all for these awesome solutions and updates.

I am simply posting this to suggest a new way i found, to stream Steam Big Picture from your host pc to Libreelec/kodi on Raspberry pi.

so i found these two projects/repos :

Kodi 19 Moonlight launcher :: https://github.com/veldenb/plugin.program.moonlight-qt

Sunshine is a Game stream host for Moonlight ::   https://github.com/LizardByte/Sunshine

so sunshine on my windows pc with an AMD GPU (no Nvidea Stream app ) and moonlight running in a docker in the raspberry pi.

for installation :

Sunshine = go to releases and dowload the .zip and run as admin and read the docs

Moonlight = works for Pi4 & Pi3 follow the README , thats what i did .

Setup :

Raspberry Pi 3b with Libreelec 10.

Benefits :

easier to install the plugin and update it

works to share desktop screen to the the PI

Gaming video quality was not extra but playable

• Hi,

I want to thank everyone here for their efforts and to share what ultimately worked for me.
    SBC: pi 4, 4gb ram
    SteamLink version: steamlink-rpi3-1.2.0.241.tar.gz
    Audio: HDMI PCM stereo

Followed OP's directions:

This worked well except that I had no audio output at all the following modifications were required:

Audio didn't work. I figured it was because I was testing with a linux host but it didn't work in windows either.

To fix add this to your config.txt

Code

Code
    mount -o remount,rw /flash
    nano /flash/config.txt
    ### add this then reboot
    dtparam=audio=on

Then use this new steamlink.sh that does the udev stuff automatically and loads pulseaudio before steamlink

Which led me to getting garbled sound on the analogue audio jack only, adding the following lines in the steamlink.sh file:

Code
    # start pulseaudio
    echo 'starting pulseaudio'
    pulseaudio -k 2>/dev/null
    cat /etc/pulse/default.pa | sed 's/^\(load-module module-udev-detect\|load-module module-detect\)/\1 tsched=0/' > /storage/steamlink/pulse_default.pa
    pulseaudio -D -n -F "$TOP/pulse_default.pa"
    # The next line is used for setting the audio output device. To obtain a list of posible values
    # run 'pulseaudio -d', then 'pactl list sinks' which will list all availible output devices, use 
    # the name: field of the desired output as the argument for the following command. 
    pactl set-default-sink alsa_output.1.hdmi-stereo

And that's it, works perfectly!