DNS change, WiFi AP with public Internet on S905, from LE8.0.2

• 1. I am looking at this old thread:

Creating WiFi AP on LibreELEC on RPI2

So is the update for WiFi AP public Internet access (still) valid for an S905 box, or do I need to use the sysctl hack ( or another)?

2. How can I change the DNS to custom one ( e.g., Google, CloudFlare etc.) from the current default local ISP setting?

Do I need to edit the /etc/resolve.conf or some connmanctl utility, or simply configure the LE Configuration for Network under Kodi settings?

Also can I change the default gateway eth0 Ethernet address from 192.168.1.1?

• 1. I'm not aware of any issues with the tethered hotspot feature; the sysctl hack should not be required.

2. Use the LE settings add-on (or connmanctl from the command line) to change the DNS servers; if none are set manually, whatever your router gives via DHCP will be used instead. If you need a gateway that's different from the one provided by DHCP, set the IP details (including DNS) manually.

• 1. I'm not aware of any issues with the tethered hotspot feature; the sysctl hack should not be required.

2. Use the LE settings add-on (or connmanctl from the command line) to change the DNS servers; if none are set manually, whatever your router gives via DHCP will be used instead. If you need a gateway that's different from the one provided by DHCP, set the IP details (including DNS) manually.

Thanks for a complete answer !

• New problem !

milhouse was working on it per the May'17 quoted in OP.

I searched through ConnMan | 01.org and related material online but haven't found any WiFi AP reference 😏

1. I have the SV6051P wifi chipset on my X96mini (possibly deprecated for 4.xx kernel later), but I can only set both the WiFi and tethered settings ON in LE Configuration- can't see any SSID on my phone and Network Analyzer, while using Wired Network ON for Ethernet as public IP access.

( But WiFi access via default station mode is working fine.)

2. Upon installing Network Tools and ssh'ing:

$iw list

# I get...

Device supports AP-side uAPSD

Supported interface modes:

*managed

*AP

* AP/VLAN

*monitor

(Among) Supported commands:

*new_interface

*set_interface

*start_ap

*new_station

....etc

software interface modes (can always be added)

*AP/VLAN

*monitor

interface combinations are not supported

______

So I am assuming that the AP mode I am looking for is indeed supported, but not configured.

3. I searched online and found stuff related to create_ap command in hostapd ( but nothing for connmanctl.) But I am assuming start_ap in connmanctl has something to do with setting up AP mode.

4. How can I set up this AP mode (with possibly customizing the SSID and passphrase), and then make it persistent- put it in some config file ?

Edited once, last by shippy (February 25, 2019 at 9:34 PM).