Problems with remote controls

• I've got 2 remotes. Since 9.0.0 they don't work anymore.

See picture. The left one (no brand) always had minor problems: cursor mode always automatically switched to mouse mode, so before I did anything most of the time I had to switch to cursor mode, which I find nicer to use. It was usable that way. The right one, a Rii mini N7, never had problems at all. Both remotes use a wireless dongle on my Raspberry Pi 3.

Now, with LibreELEC 9.0.0 bot remotes are rendered useless. The left one (no brand) scrolls and scrolls, no matter which mode it is in. The right one cannot choose menu options like the gear icon for settings.

• My cheap wireless dongle stopped working (partially) with LE 9.0 and I had to switch back to my old HP USB IR receiver. Try another brand dongle if you can.

If you don't have another dongle to try, you can always install the Kodi Keymap Editor (from the built-in Kodi repository) and use it to reprogram the remote's key functions. You must learn how to use the addon - it's important to use the "Global" selection before choosing the proper command. You must also use the "save" function after programming. I had a hard time using it when I first tried it. It's not that intuitive.

Edited once, last by blueribb (February 13, 2019 at 3:57 AM).

• Some of these cheap air-mouse remotes from Asia seem to generate bogus mouse(-scroll) events. Easiest solution is to disable mouse and touchscreen support in settings->system->input.

As for the other remote: please provide a debug log using the log file upload function in LibreELEC settings and post the URL.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

so long,

Hias