install java to use minimserver as upnp server for music files.

• Dear people, hopefully it's ok to post this here;

I have a rock64 system running libreelec as media device.

attached to this little box is a usb drive loaded with music files.

I'm currently using the build in upnp server in Kodi but it is a very limited in it's options, and very annoying, in order to browse to my music files by folder structure I have to use the "Video" section since there is no option for browse the folder structure in the music section.

Minimserver is a java based upnp server especially designed for audio files, it has a very advanced way to display tags (e.g. record label tags and such) and I really love using it.

Would it be possible to have minimserver running along with Kodi on a librelec install? I wouldn't mind getting my hands dirty but since there is no package management system installed in libreelec or since there are no build tools I have no idea where to start..

Can someone point me to the right direction to either install openjdk / oracle java to my current librelec setup?

I know it is not intended use but I would really upgrade my libreelec experience.

An alternative would be a pointer to use an alternative upnp server; I know there is a minidlna plugin but there is no documentation for it and there is no way to select the music folder in the plugin config section either so that's also a bit of a hassle to use for me.

Thanks in advance!

• Dear all, since there have been no replies to my post here's how I kind of solved the issue (mainly for personal reference)

Install libreelec

In librelec / Kodi install docker

In librelec / Kodi install portainer (for ease of use)

In docker install lsioarmhf/airsonic-aarch64 container; this already contains java

In this airsonic container add a folder for minimserver and extract

commit this adjusted container as image, then rebuild (make sure to uise the correct parameters as mentioned Docker Hub and voila you have a docker image with a working minimserver.

I was unable to have the container start minimserver automatically at startup so I have to run de ./startd script manually everytime I start the container, but for me that's not a big problem.