Posts by dafart

Dear all, since there have been no replies to my post here's how I kind of solved the issue (mainly for personal reference)

Install libreelec

In librelec / Kodi install docker

In librelec / Kodi install portainer (for ease of use)

In docker install lsioarmhf/airsonic-aarch64 container; this already contains java

In this airsonic container add a folder for minimserver and extract

commit this adjusted container as image, then rebuild (make sure to uise the correct parameters as mentioned Docker Hub and voila you have a docker image with a working minimserver.

I was unable to have the container start minimserver automatically at startup so I have to run de ./startd script manually everytime I start the container, but for me that's not a big problem.

Dear people, hopefully it's ok to post this here;

I have a rock64 system running libreelec as media device.

attached to this little box is a usb drive loaded with music files.

I'm currently using the build in upnp server in Kodi but it is a very limited in it's options, and very annoying, in order to browse to my music files by folder structure I have to use the "Video" section since there is no option for browse the folder structure in the music section.

Minimserver is a java based upnp server especially designed for audio files, it has a very advanced way to display tags (e.g. record label tags and such) and I really love using it.

Would it be possible to have minimserver running along with Kodi on a librelec install? I wouldn't mind getting my hands dirty but since there is no package management system installed in libreelec or since there are no build tools I have no idea where to start..

Can someone point me to the right direction to either install openjdk / oracle java to my current librelec setup?

I know it is not intended use but I would really upgrade my libreelec experience.

An alternative would be a pointer to use an alternative upnp server; I know there is a minidlna plugin but there is no documentation for it and there is no way to select the music folder in the plugin config section either so that's also a bit of a hassle to use for me.

Thanks in advance!

Short update: with libbluray-j2se-1.0.2.jar taken from vpeter's package at java-br-menu-generic.x86_64.tgz also works just fine.. I'll have to look at vlc's changelog what would be the difference...

Great job everyone!

Would it be a problem to post this solution at the official kodi forum?

Is there a chance of creating an "official" kodi addon using a official repository so more people can have the benefits of this solution?

Dear people, dear vpter, thank you so much, I was actually mistaken: instead of the file libbluray-j2se-1.0.2.jar I had indeed libbluray-j2se-1.0.1.jar./

This file was located at /storage/.kodi/addons/java/ (taken from blob810 his package at Add built-in Java support )

I just renamed this file to libbluray-j2se-1.0.2.jar and left it at location it already was located at and now BD-J works just fine.

Satrting up takes quite some time / CPU cycles, but I tested 4 bluray images and all of them worked.

I will now try with a "regular"libbluray-j2se-1.0.2.jar file and see if it still works.

Thanks already and heads-up for this great job!

Ok sorry for hijacking the thread previously a bit with a question about hardware.

Right now I have a rock64 and I'm running nighly version as of 14.12

I used the files for the raspberry pi as described in post #50.

When I do ./java -version I do get output:

Code
      ./java -version
    java version "1.8.0_161"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_161-b12)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 25.161-b12, mixed mode)

So I assume java is actually working.

When I try to select in Kodi setting "open bluray menu" I get a BD-J error stating that java is not installed, not working correctly.

Here's a snippet from the log covering this:

10:20:43.835 T:4092612624 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogConfirm.xml) ------

10:20:43.831 T:4092612624 DEBUG: CBlurayCallback::Logger - bluray.c:1435: BLURAY initialized!

10:20:43.835 T:4092612624 DEBUG: CBlurayCallback::Logger - bdj.c:515: invalid LIBBLURAY_CP /storage/.kodi/addons/java/

10:20:43.835 T:4092612624 DEBUG: CBlurayCallback::Logger - bdj.c:695: BD-J check: Failed to load libbluray.jar

10:20:43.835 T:4092612624 DEBUG: DiscSettings - Could not load the libbluray.jar.

10:20:43.835 T:4092612624 DEBUG: CBlurayCallback::Logger - bluray.c:1552: BLURAY destroyed!

Obviously libbluray.jar is nor working properly, maybe I have to compile this myself? And can someone please point me in the direction how to do this? Can I install bluildtools on libreelec? Or sdhall I boot the rock64 to a rasbian install and compile it there?

I have limited computing skills so please be as detailed as possible!

Or do i need java for aarch64? (like this one: jdk-8u192-linux-arm64-vfp-hflt-demos.tar.gz

Thanks in advance!

Dear people, I'm in the market for new DIY media player based on Kodi.

My foremost reason to change form my nvidia shield to a DIY kodi box is the fact there is no jre for android and thats not likely to happen to be developed soon and I want to use Kodi to play bluray images including java menu's

From what I understand using the above addon I will be able to open bluray menu's on either generic (I assume x86) and raspberry Pi.

Since I also want to watch 4k and I'm not going to go with the raspberry pi 3, and I'm thinking about going with either the rock64,LIBRE LEPOTATO or Khadas VIM2. The latter 2 are attractive since they are officially supported.

Now there's also a x86 based odroid-h2..

My question is: which of these devices will most likely be able to play bluray java menus using the addon mentioned in this thread, will x86 be the least hassle? Or shall I go for one of the ARM alternatives..

And also how likely will the arm libraries for the raspberry pi 3 mentioned in this thread work with the other arm devices mentioned here?

Thanks already for your answers.,.