IRTrans remote no longer working after upgrading from LE8 to LE9

• Recently uUpgraded to LE9, from LE8 and my IR remote no longer works.

I have an IRTrans device that requires an "irserver" daemon which exposes a socket that is compatible with LIRC (it does not use lircd).

I had similar issues when I upgraded to LE8 (see here), but I eventually got it to work (see linked thread). I followed (my own) instructions from that thread, but this time it does not work.

Here is the (relevant) output of "ps":

726 root 0:00 {irserver} . irserver -logfile /var/log/irserver.log -pidfile /var/run/irserver.pid -daemon /dev/irtrans0

780 nobody 0:01 LCDd -f -c /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.lcdd/LCDd.conf -d irtrans

982 root 0:00 {kodi.sh} /bin/sh /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.sh --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd.irtrans

986 root 3:37 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd.irtrans

This is what I expected to see (including the arguments to kodi.bin which instruct it to listen to IRTrans).

The irserver log file is created as expected, and shows everything is ok.

/dev/irtrans0 (a symlink to the socket) is present as expected.

/run/lirc/lircd.irtrans is also present.

Still, KODI does not respond to any key press on my remote.

Can anyone help?

PS: I did verify my remote is working (battery not dead, ...) and I am sure the IR receiver is also working (tell-tale light blinks as I press buttons on my remote).