Librelec 9 + TVheadend client password issue

• I installed Libreelec 9 last night and set TVHeadEnd up.

Everything was OK apart from the client password.

Via the TVheadend web config, I had set 1 admin and 1 standard user account (and passwords) up.

I could access the webconfig via these accounts no problem.

I hadn't set the tvh client user/pass in Kodi up prior to setting the passwords up in the webconfig.

I then set the kodi user/pass for the standard account in the tvh client via Kodi but got a "cannot access" warning each time it tried to connect/I restarted Kodi.

I then tried the admin account user/pass and this didn't work either.

I seem to remember having the same problem when I set up 8.x but cannot find the information.

This would seem to be a fundamental issue as I don't think I've gone through a strange sequence to set up TVH/Kodi.

How do I fix this, please?

(Also, does anyone have up to date TVH settings for Wrekin/Sutton Coldfield transmitters?)

• I had this problem yesterday. No matter what combination of username/password I used in the TVH Client settings, it would not connect. The TVH log reports:

Code
    2019-03-10 17:08:41.599 htsp: 127.0.0.1 [ Kodi Media Center ]: Unauthorized access

and the kodi log reports:

Code
    2019-03-10 17:07:46.420 T:1250157424   ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - Command authenticate failed: Access denied

This is probably a bug.

Solution

Change the hostname in the TVH Client Settings from the default 127.0.0.1 to the actual IP address of your device running LibreELEC. After doing that, it finally connects.